Program Assistant II
Company: Erickson Living
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Situated on 120 beautiful acres in Silver Spring, Maryland,
Riderwood is the largest continuing care retirement community in
the United States. We're part of a growing network of communities
managed by Erickson Senior Living, a national provider of senior
living and health care with campuses in 11 states-and growing.
Riderwood is looking for everyday heroes who want to make a real
impact in the lives of seniors. If you're ready to take your career
to new heights, join us. In addition to a rewarding career, you'll
enjoy an industry-leading total rewards package that includes a
competitive salary, an impressive package of health and dental
benefits, paid time off and volunteer hours, tuition reimbursement,
401(k) with employer contribution, opportunities for career growth
and advancement, and much more!
The Program Assistant II is responsible for working with
residents within Continuing Care (skilled nursing, long term care,
assisted living and memory care) to stimulate their physical,
intellectual, social, spiritual and emotional well-being.
How you will make an impact:
- Assessing the resident's needs/desires related to purposeful
engagement and provide therapeutic and recreational activities to
meet the daily needs and interests of the residents.
- Designing, planning and facilitating various structured and
impromptu programs to individuals and groups in the common areas
and resident rooms.
- Ensuring the safety of the residents on group trips and
- Working with other team members, management, volunteers, and
families to deliver programs and activities designed to enhance the
- Monitoring changes in the resident's needs, abilities and
preferences to provide programs and activities appropriate for
individual and group audiences.
- Generating program supply lists, maintaining supply levels and
ensuring safe operation and functionality of equipment.
- Maintaining proper documentation including daily attendance
sheets, quarterly progress notes, assessment forms, service
plans/care plans and contributes to the MDS as needed.
- Participating in team discussions regarding resident
programming, monthly calendars, activity and staff scheduling, and
What we offer:
- Competitive benefit packages including medical, dental, vision
and 401K with a match after 1 year.
- On-site medical centers, providing wellness visits and sick
care for employees over 18 years of age.
- Gated community with 24/7 security.
- One of diversity and inclusion, which builds on our values,
vision and mission.
What we require:
- High school diploma of GED.
- Associates degree in a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year working with the geriatric population or
experience related in a professional field to include but not
limited to educators, social workers, rehab professionals OR
related experience through college coursework and internship
- Experience leading groups of people with varying levels of
physical and cognitive independence is preferred.
- Flexible work schedule including weekend and evenings as
appropriate is required.
Erickson Senior Living, its affiliates, and managed communities
are Equal Opportunity Employers and are committed to providing a
workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital
status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or
any other category protected by federal, state or local law
Keywords: Erickson Living, Silver Spring , Program Assistant II, Other , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!