Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Will provide support and develop approaches for conducting
economic analyses; assess socio-economic impacts; compile and
analyze economic statistics; evaluate economic databases; provide
input on high-profile economic data; develop and consult on
research plans/projects; develop indicators and performance
measures; and report on analyses. Will work with NOAA to advance
strategies to develop a portfolio-wide approach to economic impact
and return on investment analyses of Portfolio. Will provide
technical expertise for successful economic analysis of customer's
research, products and services. Will provide technical expertise
to assess the feasibility of economic analyses, carry them out and
effectively communicate results and uncertainties. Additional
- Create a strategic approach to valuing NOAA customer's
research, products and services within the context of a broader,
long-term approach for valuing customer's R&D enterprise.
- Provide preliminary assessment to help guide the development of
high-quality economic impact and return on investment
- Develop conceptual framework for carrying out economic impact
and return on investment analyses for NOAA products, and services -
analyses that can be used for reliable, consistent reporting over
time and be integrated into NOAA's research enterprise.
- Carry out pilot valuation projects that implement the
- Develop market research approach to related products and
services from applied research developed by the NOAA customer's
- Draft work plan including an overview of the proposed method,
uncertainty associated with this method, data requirements,
dependencies, estimated costs, timeline, milestone, and
- Coordinate, collaborate and facilitate data collections and
preliminary results with the team.
10+ years of experience researching and developing a wide range
of economic analyses, such as cost-benefit, cost effectiveness,
valuation of ecosystem services, and value chain approach.
Experience which includes the following: conducting research on
economic phenomena, analyzing economic data, modeling economic
systems, conducting market analyses, compiling databases and
preparing interpretive reports. Background related to
microeconomics, macroeconomics, behavioral economics and
econometrics (or statistical analysis in general) required. Strong
quantitative, communication, including verbal and written,
organizational and analytical skills required.
- Experience in developing cost-benefit and return on investment
- Experience with market research approach and strategies.
- Experience in valuing market and non-market resources and
- Experience working on interdisciplinary teams.
- Previous experience leading teams.
MS in Economics.
Keywords: ERT, Silver Spring , Chief Economist, Other , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!