AHC White Oak Medical Center
If you are a current Adventist HealthCare employee, please click
this link to apply through your Workday account.
White Oak Medical Center seeks to hire an experienced Patient
Access Registrar who will embrace our mission to extend God's care
through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing.
The Patient Access Registrar will originate a patient medical
record and account number by obtaining and accurately keying
demographic, financial and clinical information into the host
computer system. Completes insurance verification to maximize
reimbursement for Adventist Healthcare, achieve Point of Service
collection goals, and assist with achieving departmental goals.
Provides compassionate service to all patients and displays actions
and attitudes that portray and contribute to the Critical Success
factors of the organization.
As a Patient Access Registrar, you will:
- Support hospital registration of all outpatient and inpatient
services by obtaining the financial information pertinent to
reimbursement and statistical data.
- Enter all demographic, insurance and patient notes
- Register and pre-register patients as they arrive for their
appointments and collect patient responsibility.
- Obtain any needed signatures from the patient at the time of
registration or arrival.
- Greet and route all visitors/patients and responds to their
requests in a helpful and courteous manner on the phone and in
- Perform accurate demographic and insurance updates on all
patients as needed and required.
- Verify, collect and accurately enter insurance information into
electronic health record system, and immediately notify supervisor
if problems arise.
- Provide administrative support for Patient Access Dept.,
including answering phones, typing, faxing, electronic filing,
copying, scanning and data entry, as needed.
- High School Graduate or equivalent. Some college
- Minimum of one-year experience within a healthcare environment.
Can include insurer or public health setting as well.
- At least one-year experience in patient registration and/or
eligibility and benefits.
- Requires some knowledge/training in government payer rules and
- Requires some knowledge/training regarding TPLs, WC, and other
payment sources and liabilities
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this
- Work life balance through non rotating shifts
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Free Employee parking
- Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including
health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and
3 year vesting)
- 100% Coverage for inpatient care - at Adventist HealthCare
- 100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide - after copay
As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for
the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has
earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist
HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in
If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day,
consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just
that, making a difference.
Join the Adventist HealthCare team today! Apply now to be
PRN (as needed), days/hours can vary but will be between 7am -
5pm with weekends included. This position will provide coverage
during staffing shortages.
Tobacco and Drug Statement
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in
the United States and an important public health issue. In order to
promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist
HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state
that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine and
While some jurisdictions, including Maryland, permit the use of
marijuana for medical purposes, marijuana continues to be
classified as an illegal drug under the federal Controlled
Substances Act. As a result, medical marijuana use will not be
accepted as a valid explanation for a positive drug test
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to
applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine) and marijuana.
Those testing positive are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90
days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any
nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully
pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. We are committed to attracting, engaging, and developing
the best people to cultivate our mission-centric culture. Our goal
is to have a welcoming, equitable, and safe place to work and grow
for all employees, no matter their background. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or
protected veteran status.