Payment Posting Specialist
Company: PE GI Solutions
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Do you thrive in a fast-paced and innovative environment?
At PE GI Solutions, we foster an environment of contribution,
creativity and risk-taking. We strive to unleash the potential in
everyone and cultivate a highly engaged, motivated, and committed
This is a chance for YOU to become a part of a growing company,
focused on patient care, preventing colon cancer and raising
awareness! Our unique culture of innovation creates an environment
where you will continually grow and be challenged to develop your
career. We are passionate believers in patient care, which is why
our mission is Improving the landscape of healthcare one surgery
center at a time.
What makes us awesome:
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Time Off including: Vacation, Sick Time, Holidays,
Birthday, Bereavement, Jury, and Voting
- High quality, Cost effective Medical, Dental, Vison, and
Prescription coverages. Including multiple plan options and
flexible spending accounts.
- Life Insurance, AD&D, LTD and Supplemental Insurances
- A 401K Retirement Plan with a generous company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Annual Discretionary Bonus Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Pet Insurance
We are searching for a dynamic Payment Posting Specialist to
join our Team!
What you do:
You would be responsible for the accurate and timely entry both
electronically and manual payment from insurance carriers and
patient. You must be able to work within a clearly defined
month-end close goal, as well as ensure accurate and organized
payment batches and accurate entry into patient accounts. You also
must be able to work with a team to share best practices related to
the submission of payments.
What you will be working on:
- Perform the electronic remittance process of all appropriate
- Manually and electronically post insurance and patient
- Utilizing CDC online lockbox.
- Review EOBs while posting. Check for errors including
inaccurate payments and adjustments per appropriate fee schedules,
- While posting, confirm accurate transfer of outstanding
balances to secondary (or tertiary) insurance carriers or to
patient responsibility if necessary.
- Copy all accounts which display a refund for later
reconciliation and payment. Information will be given to your
supervisor for submission for payment.
- On a scheduled basis will help with customer service duties
including telephone calls and/or email questions
- Assist patients with questions regarding insurance and/or
- Answer correspondence and/or telephone inquiries from insurance
- Act as a public relations agent for Capital Digestive Care when
dealing with patients, employers, and insurance companies.
- Uses acquired knowledge and experience to achieve objective of
furnishing prompt, accurate information to the correct party to
expedite payment of maximum allowable benefits.
What you know:
To be successful in this role you will have the following
experience or knowledge:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2+ years of experience in a charge entry or billing
- Good understanding of CPT and ICD-10 codes and Modifiers
- Understanding of gGastro/Centricity
- Good knowledge of Medical Insurance plans
- Should be able to work in both a team and individual
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Basic accounting skills
Diversity and Inclusion
We value diversity! PE GI Solutions provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to
race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.
We carry this policy through all stages of the employment
process including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion,
termination, layoff, recall, leaves of absence, compensation, and
Keywords: PE GI Solutions, Silver Spring , Payment Posting Specialist, Other , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!