SME - TBI Subject Matter Expert
Company: Clinical Research Management
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: June 6, 2021
ICON Government and Public Health specializes in preclinical
through phase IV support of clinical research and clinical trial
services for biologics, drugs, and devices. We help our customers
get their products to market faster with a wide array of research,
regulatory, and sponsor services both within the US and around the
globe and respond rapidly to global health crises.
S/he serves as the SME for mild, moderate, severe and
penetrating TBI in support of the DVBIC Network and Headquarters.
S/he is expected to perform with minimal direction and oversight in
responding to issues in her/his areas of expertise and
responsibility as part of a high-tempo office environment.
- Serves as the SME for mild, moderate, severe and penetrating
TBI for the DVBIC network and HQ.
- Provides assistance and expertise to DVBIC senior leadership in
issues of TBI research, clinical care and standards of care for
patients along the full continuum of TBI severity.
- Provides assistance and expertise to DVBIC leadership in
responding to "taskers", drafts of EXSUMS and Information Papers,
attendance at meetings such as R&As, IPRs, reviews of research
- Collaborates with and receives direction from DVBIC leadership,
DoD health care policy offices and other subject matter experts to
assist in enhancing metrics for evaluation of TBI services and
- May provide input for development of training platforms/tools.
When appropriate, provides direct training.
- Provides SME support to various DVBIC/DoD projects and programs
related to TBI.
- Provide consultation to leadership in DVBIC, DoD and clinical
and/or research programs regarding the evidence on TBI evaluation,
treatment and management, identification of gaps in evidence, the
current and future needs in the military and future research
- Supports DVBIC researchers in their TBI research as an
- May directly collaborate in DVBIC/DoD research projects as well
as project/ program improvement initiatives. May serve as the
Principle or Associate Investigator on research studies.
- Attends and participates in scholarly, academic and scientific
meetings related to TBI.
- Prepares requests for actions/proposals to include assisting
with grant proposal applications, their associated documentations
and requirements. Facilitates the flow and approval processes for
other projects as needed or requested.
- Contributes to the preparation of manuscripts for publication
in the area of TBI and presentation of posters and papers at
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able
to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each
essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
Laboratory/office environment; may require working evenings and
weekends. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to manipulate
objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb
stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. Work
may involve long periods of standing and handling of numerous
chemicals and/or hazardous biological material. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in
the work environment is usually moderate.
Keywords: Clinical Research Management, Silver Spring , SME - TBI Subject Matter Expert, Other , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!