Proposal Operations Director
Company: DLH Holdings Corp.
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: June 6, 2021
DLH Corporation serves federal government clients throughout the
United States and abroad delivering technology enabled solutions in
key health and human services programs. The Company's core
competencies include secure data analytics, clinical trials and
laboratory services, case management, performance evaluation,
system modernization, operational logistics and readiness, and
strategic digital communications. DLH has over 1,950 employees
serving numerous government agencies. DLH's portfolio consists of
Defense & Veteran Health Solutions, Human Services Solutions and
Public Health & Life Sciences.
DLH is seeking a growth-minded individual to spearhead our
proposal team. The Proposal Operations Director will report to the
Chief Growth Officer of DLH and will manager 3+ proposal managers,
resourcing proposal efforts inside and outside of DLH, as well as
working closely with business development and operational personnel
to develop and deliver winning, high-quality Federal Government
proposals. The successful candidate will be responsible for the
- Leading Proposal Operations with multiple Proposal Managers,
Coordinators, and additional staff
- Experience leading and managing large, multi-contractor
proposal development teams.
- Have mentored and lead junior staff.
- Player coach experience.
- Experience working closely with both members of the capture
team as well as solution architects to develop the proposal win
- Manage proposals, including all aspects of proposal
development: pre-proposal planning activities, kick-off meeting,
value proposition conveyance, theme development, schedule
management, action/issue tracking, proposal structure, compliance
oversight, writing instructions and team guidance, review team
coordination, and production oversight.
- Review/analyze proposal sections for consistency and clarity,
compliance with solicitation requirements, and alignment with
proposed solutions and themes and write/re-write proposal sections
as necessary to deliver high-quality, winning proposal
- Manage and direct all proposal efforts to include preparation,
revision, and submission; establishes and enforces the proposal
schedule. Clarify, communicate, and enforce roles and
responsibilities of the proposal team members.
- Collaborate with the capture manager, subject matter experts,
and other writers to refine proposal sections to ensure accuracy,
compliance, consistency, and reflection of win strategies.
- Assist in the development and refinement of templates and
standardized processes to streamline proposal development.
- Provide daily updates regarding proposal progress to team via
the daily stand-up: action items, identified risks, section status,
and schedule. Identify risks and develop mitigation plans.
- Lead/facilitate/drive the discussion during solution strategy
sessions with capture manager, volume lead(s), and subject matter
experts; capturing and helping to document customer hot buttons,
win themes, our approach/solution, and features and benefits at the
level required for a compelling proposal response.
- Work with the color review leads to convene color teams and
prepare color team package. Lead color review recovery from
post-review assessment to providing guidance for implementation of
approved content changes and modifications.
- Remain current on all solicitation modifications and
communicates them to the team. Revise schedule, outline, and
compliance matrix as necessary throughout proposal life cycle.
- Ensure proposal compliance, checking submission for compliance
regularly throughout the proposal cycle.
- An understanding of and have applied Shipley proposal
development or other proven business development and proposal
- Experience building knowledge management systems to support
proposals and capture.
- Bachelor's Degree (can be substituted with years of
- 8 to 12 years of demonstrated experience managing and writing
winning competitive Federal Government proposals in a defined
- Knowledge of the proposal development life cycle and
understanding of Shipley or other proposal development
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently under conditions of
multiple deadlines and changing priorities to high-quality
- Ability to successfully execute multiple tasks
- Dynamic interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of
- Excellent work ethic and excellent organizational, written and
verbal communication skills
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with
limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working
relationship with technical staff, program managers, and peers
within DLH Corp and across DLH Corp.
- Self-starter and ability to manage time independently without
- Candidates must be US Citizens and be eligible to obtain a
- Experience in developing proposals for U.S DoD and other
DLH is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud
to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national
origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification
protected by law.
Keywords: DLH Holdings Corp., Silver Spring , Proposal Operations Director, Other , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!