Scientific Committee Coordinator III (AIDS Clinical Trials Group)
Company: DLH Holdings Corp.
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Social & Scientific Systems (S3), a division of DLH, serves
federal government clients throughout the United States and abroad
delivering technology enabled solutions in key health and human
services programs. The Company's core competencies include secure
data analytics and statistics, clinical trials and laboratory
services, a full suite of public health research offerings,
performance evaluation, system modernization, operational logistics
and readiness, and strategic digital communications. DLH has over
2,000 employees serving numerous government agencies. DLH's
portfolio consists of Defense & Veteran Health Solutions, Human
Services Solutions and Public Health & Life Sciences.
This position is responsible for coordinating and facilitating
activities for protocol team, scientific, resource, community,
and/or leadership/executive committees in support of projects and
programs for the AIDS Clinical Trials Group (ACTG), the world's
largest and longest running HIV clinical trials network.
Tasks include arranging teleconferences, drafting agendas,
tracking action items, and drafting summaries and communications.
The coordinator may also assist with other project-related
activities, including but not limited to activities for the ACTG.
The coordinator provides administrative and technical support with
moderate to minimal supervision. Priorities partially negotiated
with the supervisor with periodic review.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Communicates effectively and continuously with team/committee
leadership and members to coordinate and facilitate team/committee
business, including problem identification and resolution; and
serves as a point of contact and advises the committee on
responsibilities, actions, and timelines, seeking guidance from the
supervisor and/or designee as needed.
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge of internal and external
procedures, suggesting updates to them as needed; provides guidance
to the team/committee as needed; contributes to standardization and
consistency of support across committees; and serves as an internal
resource for procedures.
- Proposes call/meeting agenda items to team/committee
- Schedules, coordinates, and participates in team/committee
conference calls and face-to-face meetings.
- Drafts review/decision letters, conference call and meeting
discussion summaries, and memoranda and communications that are
timely, technically accurate, and grammatically correct for
leadership review with minimal guidance and editing from the
supervisor and/or designee. Distributes approved call and meeting
summaries and correspondence as appropriate in a timely
- Independently and easily tracks and facilitates completion of
action items from calls and meetings and ensures
- Coordinates, accurately generates, or creates necessary
documents for timely distribution to the team/committee with input
and review by the supervisor and/or designee as needed.
- Develops, maintains, quality assures, and distributes standard
or ad hoc reports with guidance from the supervisor and/or designee
as needed, interacting with internal project staff as necessary to
ensure accurate and timely information.
- Facilitates team/committee membership elections, if
- Performs information management including organization of
electronic files; updates on internal and external project websites
for membership rosters, resource documents, and status comments for
study proposals (as needed); and maintenance of email distribution
- Ensures the supervisor and/or designee is informed of all
issues; identifies problems, and proactively assists in their
resolutions; and communicates with the supervisor and/or designee
to identify committee leadership needs for information and
materials, conducting research as needed.
- Identifies concerns of internal project staff that may need to
be shared with team/committee leadership, consulting with the
supervisor and/or designee as needed.
- Communicates independently and effectively with internal
project staff to coordinate team/committee-related activities.
- Proposes ideas and actively participates in meetings and
activities with other group members to improve overall quality of
work and work processes, and may lead such meetings and
- May assist with independent data safety monitoring board
committees in support of CRB projects and programs.
- Provides backup and/or supplemental support for other similar
committees and tasks as needed.
- May participate in mentoring and/or training of other staff at
the same (or lower) grade level.
- May support more than one team/committee.
- Performs additional duties as required and assigned.
Candidates for this position should have the following
education/experience and demonstrate mastery of the following
knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in science and at least 3 years of
professional experience in a scientific or health-related position
(or non-science degree and 4 years' experience) required.
- Strong preference for at least 1 year of experience directly
related to clinical research.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to include
business and technical writing, and a solid command of Standard
English grammar and mechanics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and
- Work well as part of a team and individually under moderate to
minimal supervision; communicate effectively with fellow staff
members and clients; exhibit a high degree of flexibility,
organization, and attention to detail; and demonstrate high
competency in meeting deadlines for multiple and different tasks
with competing priorities and heavy workload.
DLH is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud
to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national
origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification
protected by law.
Keywords: DLH Holdings Corp., Silver Spring , Scientific Committee Coordinator III (AIDS Clinical Trials Group), Other , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!