The Research Intern is an entry level clinical research
position. The Intern will perform a variety of research, database
and clerical duties of a routine and technical nature to support
clinical trials and assist investigators to organize, gather and
compile clinical research data. The Intern will primarily be
responsible for the collection, aggregation, and analysis of data.
The Research Intern will also form other duties such as data entry,
and administrative duties such as filing, record keeping,
photocopying, and creating flyers/posters. The Research Intern will
be supervised by a senior research staff member or principal
High School Diploma or GED (Required) Or
Bachelor's Degree May require a Bachelor's degree based on the
specific internship program. (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
0-2 years related experience. 2 years experience working in a
medical or scientific research setting, preferred (Required)
Demonstrates adherence with the standards for the responsible
conduct of research.
Work requires organizational skills, knowledge of basic
mathematical, data collection and analysis, and research
Knowledge of human subjects research.
Excellent computer skills in a Windows and/or Mac
Excellent writing, editing, and proofing skills.
Required Licenses and Certifications
CITI Certification (Required)
- Maintain confidentiality of data, as required.
- Plan, conduct, and manage research projects.
- Responsible for appropriate use of research funds and
- Ensure compliance with program guidelines and requirements of
funding and regulatory agencies.
- Stay informed of and adhere to human research protection
guidelines, relevant best practices, and changes to any research
- Accurately complete IRB submissions on time.
- Anticipate study needs and work to accomplish them in a timely
- Seek assistance, when needed.
- Collect data in order to facilitate operational and clinical
- Enter clinical and research data and information into database,
include electronic CRFs and sample tracking databases.
- Follow established guidelines in the collection of clinical
data and/or administration of clinical studies.
- Support aggregation and analysis of study data, as directed by
senior research staff.
- Attend and contribute to team meetings, including working to
set and achieve project timelines and deliverables.
- Obtain training and certification as required by study protocol
(e.g., CITI training).
- Complete all study requirements such as CHEX and Human Subjects
training as required.
- Comply with all annual job-related training requirements.