Company: Reston Consulting Group
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: June 7, 2021
RCG is seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer that works
with minimal supervision/guidance to support the Advanced Weather
Interactive Processing System (AWIPS) program using Java, Java
Enterprise Edition (JEE) architecture, and Service Oriented
Architecture (SOA) / Enterprise Bus (ESB) software technologies.
RCG is a growing federal contracting company looking for strongly
qualified people to help support our client in Silver Spring,
Please note: Due to the secure nature of this government agency,
all candidates must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a
Public Trust - candidate must be able to pass a National Agency
The successful candidate will receive a contingent offer based
on the outcome of a government background check. This will take
several weeks, and the candidate cannot begin actual employment
until the background check is successfully completed.
This is an ON-SITE position with no options for Telework.
The candidate must have experience and knowledge with software
engineering using object-oriented methodologies. The candidate will
work as a software developer and integrator as part of a
development team, which utilizes a diverse dynamic workforce,
including many experts in their fields throughout the design,
development, and maintenance life cycle.
- Design and code software components, units, and modules that
meet product specification and development schedules.
- Test and debug assigned components and units,
- Participate in large system and subsystem planning.
- Adhere to product build and release schedules and
- Act as a technical resource for lower-level developers.
- Possess a comprehensive knowledge of one or more platforms and
operating systems and multiple programming languages. Typically
requires knowledge of one or more systems architectures.
- Understand a variety of the field concepts, practices, and
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks and use a wide degree of
creativity and latitude is expected.
- Develop new functional capabilities within software
applications to meet a wide range of customer requirements and
- Integrate a wide variety of applications from various sources,
and ensuring they meet performance standards for stability and
- Adhere to accepted standards for development, including writing
unit tests which provide a high percentage of code coverage,
participating in peer code reviews, conducting design reviews, and
generating test plans to ensure maximum stability and quality of
Basic Qualifications - Required Experience, Skills:
- Four or more years directly related to software development
engineering in Java. A thorough understanding of Java gained
through formal training can substitute for this experience
- Bachelor of Science, BS in a Math, Science or Engineering
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. (Please include
your GPA on your resume.)
- Four or more years of experience in software development using
Object Oriented Methodologies. Object Oriented Analysis (OOA) and
Object-Oriented Design (OOD) skills
- Programming skills Java/J2EE
- Proficiency in Unix and/or Linux
- Knowledge and understanding of software development life
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Public Trust -
candidate must be able to pass a National Agency Check (NAC).
Desired Experience, Skills, Knowledge:
- Two or more years of experience using Enterprise Service Bus
(ESB) and/or Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) web services
architecture. A thorough understanding of ESB or J2EE gained
through formal training can substitute for this experience.
- Experience with Software design tools such as Rational Rose,
Rhapsody, or comparable tools
- Experience with scripting is a plus (Perl & Python as well as
- Experience and/or knowledge with Web Service design and
- Experience and/or knowledge with Service Oriented
- Experience developing and/or supporting solutions for weather
and meteorological science.
- Experience in Extensible Markup Language (XML), Unified
Modeling Language (UML), Eclipse IDE, database, and/or Graphical
User Interfaces (GUIs) a plus.
- Experience in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or OpenGL
technologies a plus.
Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
RCG, Inc. does not discriminate against qualified individuals
based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with
disabilities and prohibits discrimination against all individuals
based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation/gender identity, or national origin.
Keywords: Reston Consulting Group, Silver Spring , Software Engineer, Other , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!