Senior Administrative Assistant
Company: Children's National Medical Center
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Senior Administrative Assistant will perform complex
diversity of secretarial and clerical duties under general
This position will support The Children's National Hospital
Foundation, Chief Operations Officer, Campaign and Prospect
- Lead calendar support for COO
- Schedule strategy sessions with fundraisers
- Schedule quarterly portfolio review meetings with all PRMs and
- RE data entry for COO & two other Directors as needed.
- Concur (Expense Reimbursement) support for COO & two other
Directors as needed.
- Budget tracking for Campaign and Prospect Research
- Timecard sign-off for COO as needed.
High School Diploma or GED (Required)
A Bachelor's degree in a related discipline can be substituted
for experience on a 1:1 basis. (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
3 years secretarial experience, preferably in a medical office
or healthcare environment (Required)
Ability to type 55 wpm required.
Must have expert knowledge of secretarial, office administrative
procedures, and knowledge of use and operation of standard office
Advanced software skills are required, as well as Internet
research abilities and strong communication skills.
Manage access to administrator by screening calls and visitors
to determine appropriate course of action.
Serve as a liaison, with delegated authority, between
administrator and subordinate units by relaying instructions and
following commitments through to completion.
Interact and communicate with a strong degree of judgment and
Research, develop and draft letters, memos, or reports to
communicate the manager's decisions, ideas, and agenda.
Identify and resolve problems that would not require manager 's
- Address issues in accordance with priorities, policies,
commitments, and program goals of the manager.
Utilize office equipment and other relevant technology (software
and systems) to meet organizational needs.
Research information to support conclusions and recommendations
(for unusual and novel situations).
Establish and maintain paper and electronic files and records
Maintain manager's calendar , schedules and appointments without
prior approval based on knowledge of manager's responsibilities and
issues of importance.
Locate and assemble information for various reports, briefings,
- Make travel arrangements.
- Provide support in monitoring and reconciling departmental or
program budget, tracks travel and office expenditures.
Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or
Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision
making or documentation
Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the
Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written
Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think,
Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Demonstrate an awareness of the program's operational structure,
and manager's scope of responsibilities; work requires an awareness
of specific functions and staff assignments within the
Demonstrate working knowledge of policies, procedures, and
processes required within the organization.
- Demonstrate familiarity with rules, regulations, and laws
Partner in the mission and upholds the core principles of the
Committed to diversity and recognizes value of cultural ethnic
Demonstrate personal and professional integrity
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until
needs are met
Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others' ideas and opinions
Contribute to a positive work environment
Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
Keywords: Children's National Medical Center, Silver Spring , Senior Administrative Assistant, Other , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!