Company: General Dynamics
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Responsibilities for this Position
Location: USA MD Silver Spring
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ83972
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public Trust/Other Required:
GDIT is seeking a Laboratory Manager to support the Walter Reed
Army Institute of Research (WRAIR) Experimental Therapeutics
Branch's Drug Metabolism and Disposition Section. This position
will report to the WRAIR Silver Spring location.
- Establish and maintain a means to receive and track the
processing of all samples submitted to the lab, and coordinate the
scheduling of experiments and use of instrumentation to facilitate
the timely turnover of data to research personnel.
- Maintain laboratory supply and reagent inventory to fully
support the ongoing and upcoming research needs of the lab, and
proactively submit purchase requests for needed research supplies
and reagents such that there be no delay to scheduled
- Participate in the research budget planning and proposal
submission process to provide input for estimating cost of supplies
and reagents and estimating instrumentation-time needed to support
proposed research such that all estimates proposed for supplies and
reagents are determined to be 90% accurate at the end of the
- Maintain an internal budget of all purchase requests submitted
and line of accounting used, and match these records with weekly
budget reports from the resource management division in order to
account for any items not received and ensure that all planned
supply and reagent resources have been at least 90% committed by
end of the period of performance or cutoff date established during
the planning process.
- Be proficient in the use of government procurement systems
(specifically GFEBS and DMLSS) such that purchase requests and
subsequent tracking within these systems is available throughout
the contractual period.
- Train and assist technicians and junior researchers.
- Prepare and use laboratory SOPs and protocols.
- Plan, coordinate, and perform LC-MS analyses in support of
pharmacokinetic studies and chemical purity determinations.
- Use LCMS systems from different manufacturers.
- Write new and troubleshoot existing scripts for the performance
of assays utilizing the TECAN Liquid Handling system.
- Oversee scheduling of all laboratory operations, including, but
not limited to, manpower schedules, instrument usage, maintenance,
and miscellaneous laboratory duties.
Maintain a Microsoft Access database for the logging of sample
receipt, required testing, special requests, and preliminary
- Assist in the writing of manuscripts for publications, prepare
data for in-house presentations, and present findings at scientific
- Comply with all specified guidelines regarding safety,
security, standard operating procedures, written protocols,
technical manuals, and procurement of supplies/equipment as per
- Maintain appropriate data records and QC data for incorporation
into LIMs database.
Required Skills and Experience
- MS or Ph.D. degree or appropriate combination of
- 3+ years' experience using/managing mass spectrometry systems
for the characterization of chemical entities.
- Experience in handling laboratory samples, troubleshooting and
maintaining laboratory equipment, analyzing data using applicable
software, generating reports and summaries for presentations,
managing data spreadsheets, requesting supplies and materiel as
needed to perform general laboratory maintenance.
- Experience using government procurement systems and submitting
purchase requests within these systems. Have laboratory management
- Laboratory budget experience and knowledge of cost of supplies
used in support DMPK research.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills as well as
good written and oral communication.
- Laboratory/office environment; may require working evenings and
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401K with company match
- Customizable health benefits packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your
- Challenging work that makes a real impact on the world around
- Full-flex work week
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA MD Silver Spring
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex
government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country.
We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance
critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest
in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today
is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground,
beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering
the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services
needed to get the job done. nnGDIT is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected
Keywords: General Dynamics, Silver Spring , Laboratory Manager, Other , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!