Development Associate - Archdiocese of Washington
Company: Archdiocese of Washington
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The mission of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington is
to spread the light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world. In
the faithful pursuit of this mission, the archdiocese is seeking a
The Development Associate is responsible for working with the
Directors and Officers of the team in handling a diverse and
complex set of administrative tasks including assisting with direct
mail solicitations, gift processing, donor research, donor record
management, and donor relations. The ability to multi-task, focus
on detail and professionally communicate with various internal and
external constituents is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Practicing Catholic who supports the teachings of the Catholic
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Exceptional written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing
- Ability to manage highly confidential information.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy and
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in fundraising, nonprofit management,
communications, marketing, business administration, finance, or
- A minimum of one year of related experience in a nonprofit
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook),
- Database management experience
- Basic accounting or bookkeeping experience preferred
- Fluency in both Spanish and English a plus
This position operates in a professional office environment.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as
computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands required are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of
this position. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee
frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle
documents and type on a keyboard; and reach with hands and
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time role with required evening and weekend
Keywords: Archdiocese of Washington, Silver Spring , Development Associate - Archdiocese of Washington, Other , Hyattsville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!