IT Project Manager
Company: Global Communities
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Global Communities is an international development non-profit
organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and
community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of
vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking an IT Project Manager to join the
Information Technology team at the headquarters in downtown Silver
The IT Project Manager partners with the organization's business
areas to ensure technology needs are met in a thorough and timely
manner and serves as the liaison between technology and business
stakeholders. S/he coordinates and oversees technology projects
that deliver business value to Global Communities.
The IT Project Manager leads the analysis, creation and
management of business and solution requirements and ensures that
requirements are fully understood by the technical team. S/he is
responsible for the successful execution of the entire project
including requirements, design, implementation, configuration,
testing and post implementation support.
The IT Project Manager will increase knowledge of supported
technology areas to have a clear understanding of current and
future requirements of the business.
- Serve as the liaison between the business units, technology
teams and governance committees.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with all members
of the organization and gain their trust and respect.
- Develop project scope and objectives for relevant projects in
support of business goals.
- Create and maintain business cases and project plans, estimate
time requirements and deadlines; monitor milestone completion;
track all phases of the project product/service lifecycle; provide
timely reporting of issues that impact project progress; coordinate
actions, and resolve conflicts.
- Recommend project priorities and conduct analysis of risks and
costs versus benefits of various solutions.
- Conduct meetings with project teams regularly to review project
deliverables and deadlines.
- Determine business and solution requirements using interviews,
document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits,
business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business
analysis, and task and workflow analysis as appropriate.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile
conflicts, translate high-level information into details, abstract
up from low-level information to a general understanding, and
distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Create visual models, flow charts, screen mockups, data models,
and other specification components that facilitate simplification
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and
internal customers to analyze information needs and functional
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to
establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between
usability and performance needs.
- Work with business systems management teams to conduct research
to determine if solutions to business requirements exist within or
outside the business, and if not, whether new solutions are
- Design and implement business processes using best practices to
satisfy business requirements.
- Provide enterprise application support to business customers as
- Assist with ICT proposal development for new and/or existing
programs as needed.
- Assist in the development of policies, system monitors and
controls to ensure the successful management and reporting of all
corporate initiatives for a future Project Management Office.
- Establish and guide the program and project staff to oversee
the impacts and interdependencies between programs and working to
ensure initiatives meet the goals and objectives of the executive
- Provide verbal and written communications regarding project
status, risks and issues.
POSITION SPECIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Travel may be required to support technology project
implementations in global offices.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong proficiency in enterprise analysis, requirements
planning and management, requirements elicitation, requirements
analysis and documentation, requirements communication and solution
assessment and validation.
- Familiarity with configuration and release management
- High Level of proficiency in MS Project, MS Office, Visio and
- Strong initiative and follow through.
- Strong skills in initiative, follow through, organization,
project management and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation
- Proven ability to work in an environment managing multiple,
concurrent projects with shifting priorities, demands, and
- Collaborative, collegial, and flexible.
- Undergraduate degree in a related discipline and a minimum of
four years of related work experience or eight years of related
- Proven experience implementing systems using software
development lifecycle, formal requirements and project management
methodologies and tools.
- Experience with requirements management methods and
- Experience in agile methodologies and implementation.
- Experience creating business cases including assessing the
business problem and potential solutions as well as estimates for
project cost vs. benefit.
- Experience with ERP, financial management system, data
warehouse, business intelligence or SharePoint implementations a
- PMP certification preferred.
- A passion for the mission and values of Global
- Must have U.S. work authorization.
Global Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment,
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Keywords: Global Communities, Silver Spring , IT Project Manager, Other , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!