Help Desk Manager
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: June 9, 2021
[Remote and onsite NOAA HQ]
NOAA's Office of Coast Survey (OCS), the largest program office
within the National Ocean Service, was originally formed by
President Thomas Jefferson in 1807. Coast Survey maintains the
nation's nautical charts, surveys the coastal seafloor, responds to
national maritime emergencies, develops and evaluates 3-D
oceanographic forecast modeling systems for coastal waters, and
searches for underwater obstructions and wreckage. In support of
the OCS, ERT is looking for a candidate to lead a small help desk
- Manage a help desk team and ticketing system.
- Develop standard operating procedures and SLA
- Perform administration for Windows servers, laptops, and
- Oversee implementation of desktop configuration management at
the help desk level.
- Perform Active Directory, Microsoft SCCM, and File and Print
- Assist IT Security teams in the development of the System
- Participate in the annual Security Assessment and resolve
- Create SCCM deployment packages.
- Represent senior government IT management with user
- Install new software releases, system upgrades.
- Evaluate and install patches and resolves software related
- Perform system backups and recovery.
- Maintain help desk performance metrics.
- Monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Property Management using Sunflower.
- Perform a variety of tasks as needed.
- Implement ITIL process for help desk.
This position works among a team of integrated federal and
contract staff reporting to the IT Branch Chief or designee. Must
be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures
related to NOAA, ITIL.
9+ years of experience supporting help desk including help desk
team management experience. Experience should also include:
- Windows system administration.
- Use of Nessus security scanner and analyzing scan results.
- Building secure baselines and operating system images and with
DNS and DHCP configuration.
- Microsoft Enterprise tools, with the ability to create SCCM
- Use of tools such as Tectia and OSSEC.
- Recognized security certifications such as MCSE are
- Communications skills are critical - verbal and written.
Strongly prefer government contracting experience.
- ITIL process experience
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and be able to pass a
background investigation to obtain a security badge to enter the
applicable government facility.
BA/BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, related field,
preferred, or equivalent experience. Desktop computer
certifications. ITIL certification.
Keywords: ERT, Silver Spring , Help Desk Manager, Other , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!