Company: Catholic Charities of the Archidiocese of Washingt
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: June 12, 2021
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Catholic Charities is the social ministry
outreach of the Archdiocese of Washington. We believe in
strengthening the lives of all in need by giving help that empowers
and hope that lasts. Catholic Charities works to create a world in
which every person is cherished, regardless of individual
limitations, and strengthened in the use of personal gifts in order
to reach his or her full potential as a valued member of the
community. We are looking for exceptional people who share our
vision and values.
Inspiring Hope. Building Futures.
JOB SUMMARY: The Program Manager provides comprehensive
management of the Sanctuaries for Life program, ensuring that the
program and services are aligned with the mission, vision and
values of the Agency. Oversees fiscal, operational, administrative,
staff management, and quality practices of the program; and liaises
with external community partners.
Supervisory Responsibility: Provides administrative supervision
of 2 FTEs, 2 interns and volunteers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and oversee the administrative and daily operations of
the Sanctuaries for Life program in support of overall program
goals and objectives.
- Oversee the planning of quarterly Network Organization
- Oversee the quarterly update of database that includes the
names of the Network Organizations, the services they render and
eligibility requirements, costs associated with accessing services,
hours of operation, locations, and on-site contact persons.
- Work in collaboration with Hospital administrators in the
revising/renewal of contracts.
- Triage calls for services; conduct a prenatal care eligibility
assessment over the phone and make a referral to local programs or
clinics in the area.
- Monitor disbursement of prenatal packages to keep within budget
for each fiscal year; maintain relationships with participating
- Review service plans developed by program participants and
staff; review client files for compliance.
- Oversee and review transmittal containing program income from
sources such as: client fees, donations from individuals, parishes,
- Develop and implement systems and processes to enhance
- Oversee and/or coordinate the collection, compilation and
analysis of program activity and statistical data including client
records; write and ensure the timely submission of all external and
internal program reports.
- Oversee supervision of staff and volunteers. Handle staff
recruiting, hiring, performance evaluation, coaching, employee
discipline, training, and professional development; set standards
for and monitor staff's client service; conduct regular staff
meetings; communicate policies and procedures; and facilitate team
- Oversee the functioning of all program related services.
Prenatal Care Component, Pre/post-natal classes, Material
Assistance Program, General Client Assistance.
- Manage program budget and expenditures to ensure that available
funds and resources are used efficiently.
- Oversee and maintain quality program practices, ensuring
compliance with best practice standards, grant requirements, and
Agency practices and procedures.
- Oversee other Finance-related functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Social sciences, Family Life Education, or
related field, graduate education preferred.
- 4 years of experience in service delivery supervision, program
development and/or management, and life affirming initiatives.
- Experience with life-affirming options counseling.
- Practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church
SKILLS and COMPETENCIES:
- Sufficient knowledge of pro-life values and quality social
- Extensive knowledge of the Church's teaching on marriage, human
sexuality and the life issues, and the ability to convey that
understanding clearly to others.
- Program planning and implementation skills.
- Skills in management planning, organizing, leadership and
Keywords: Catholic Charities of the Archidiocese of Washingt, Silver Spring , Program Manager, Other , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!