Company: CCI Health Services
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: January 7, 2022
CCI Health & Wellness Services is a group practice, empowering
patients to partner with staff for an unparalleled healthcare
experience. Through integrated teams in a learning environment, we
deliver high quality, affordable, care to every patient during all
stages of life.
As a member of the health center's integrated care team, the
Referral Specialist will fulfill the following KEY FUNCTIONS AND
RESPONSIBILITIES towards the provision of patient centered,
coordinated patient care:
- Prepares and processes all managed care referral
- Schedules appointments for specialists when needed.
- Prepares pertinent information from referring providers to
- Contacts various offices/facilities to obtain necessary
information to accurately complete referral requests.
- Maintains referral records and files documentation.
- Process Infant and Toddlers and Child Find programs.
- Assist with check-out and follow up appointments with PCP.
- Scan documents into patient chart.
- Process Breast and Cervical Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment
- Learn and process Catholic Charities/Project Access
- Process insurances referrals pre-authorization.
- Run and follow up with i2i reports.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA
- Assists patients to fill out applications for specialty
- Obtain pre-authorizations for specialist visits / imaging when
REQUIRED SKILLS OR ABILITIES:
- Requires experience and demonstrated abilities for working in a
- Knowledge of some medical terminology.
- Ability to collaborate and interact with a diverse group of
health care professionals.
- Ability to initiate and maintain working relationship.
- Have understand and knowledge of population and community of
- Good community skills: able to listen well, use language
appropriately, and able to communicate in writing.
- Excellent customer service skills.
The candidate will travel between Wheaton and Rockville, MD.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE OR LICENSURE/REGISTRATION:
- High School Diploma or its equivalent, associate degree
- Current CPR certification.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
- The ability to distinguish letters and symbols, as well as the
ability to utilize telephone, computer terminals and copiers is
- May be asked to lift to or about 25 pounds.
- Work under stressful conditions within a controlled enclosed
environment daily. Work environment involves exposure to
potentially dangerous materials and situations that require
following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of
protective equipment. Required to wear scrubs and occasionally
protective barrier clothing during training. This can become
uncomfortable in a warm, high humidity room.
- ADA Category. This position may require prolonged periods of
sedentary, stand and/or walk for more than eight (8) hours per day.
Those physical movements and the degree of mobility, manual
dexterity and hand-eye coordination normally associated with the
practice of modern oral hygiene will be performed on a repetitive
basis. In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, it is
possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably
accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will
be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the
employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the
- OSHA Category. Clinical environment. Possibility of exposure to
chemicals and infectious body fluids e.g., HPV, HIV, HEP C,
Working On-site Is An Essential Part Of The Job.
CCI Health & Wellness Services is a 49-year-old Federally Qualified
Health Center is a diverse and inclusive workplace that serves
60,000 medical patients and Women Infant's & Children (WIC)
participants in Montgomery and Prince George's Counties. As a
501(c)3 non-profit, CCI is committed to providing high-quality,
affordable primary healthcare to every patient across all life
stages. Visit www.cciweb.org for more information.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: CCI Health Services, Silver Spring , Referral Specialist, Other , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!