Training Events Coordinator
Company: Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc. (CLINIC)
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Summary Description:The Training Events Coordinator will be
responsible for coordinating training events related to CLINIC's
yearly programs training calendar, with a focus on in-person events
-- including their virtual equivalents. This position will report
to the Training Operations Manager and requires coordinating with
all of CLINIC's sections and the ability to collaborate with middle
management and senior directors.
The role requires strong logistical training events experience,
exceptional attention to detail and a passion for creating
high-quality training events for attendees. The Training Events
Coordinator must be able to effectively manage all aspects of
registration, online and on-site logistics, staff and guest speaker
- Exercise leadership in CLINIC's execution of programs' training
events under supervision of the Training Operations Manager.
- Collaborate with CLINIC staff to ensure goals and objectives
for training events are executed.--
- Act as liaison between the venue and CLINIC staff in programs
section and guest/outside trainers.
- Execute strong understanding of CLINIC's program goals and
objectives in order to properly communicate needs to contracted
- Logistical coordination for training events includes but is not
limited to, venue sourcing, contracting, budgeting, site selection,
set-up online and/or in-person registration, overseeing collection
of digital and print materials, producing certificate of
attendance, travel accommodations, meeting and event design,
catering, audio visual equipment, floor plans, manage payments and
requests for cancellations/refunds as necessary, track registration
and actual attendance in CRM database, assist with evaluation
survey dissemination and measurement of outcomes in coordination
with MLE staff.
- Contract specific responsibilities include but are not limited
- Negotiate contracts to ensure services meet CLINIC's quality
standards and are competitively priced and include appropriate
insurance and special riders, as needed.
- Ensure outside vendor contract agreements are met by monitoring
attrition rates, contracted services are executed as listed, and be
responsible for cancellation policies, meeting minimums, meeting
- Ensure training spaces are ADA compliant, and special requests
for accommodations, dietary restrictions, and accessibility are
- Conduct site visits for larger in-person training events.
- Stay abreast of developments in training events planning and
participate in relevant professional organizations and conferences
to understand and, as appropriate, identify trends and recommend
- Contribute to policies and procedures as they pertain to
in-person training events
- Serve as a back-up to Training Operations Manager in times of
leave/vacancies or other circumstances that require online presence
in place of an in-person event.
- Assist with daily management of constituent inquiries.
- Work with Training Operations Manager and Director of
Operations on yearly budgeting process to ensure proper expenses
are identified to plan for in-person and virtual training events
that are financially sound.
- Act as a support for or backfill CLINIC's Operations team
members as they pertain to online training responsibilities
including webinar platform facilitation and technical
- Assist Training Operations Manager with the creation and
management of training materials and resources for
- Update CLINIC's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
and Learning Management System (LMS) based on phone or email
requests from constituents.
- Assist CLINIC's training and events team with training
registrations or training-related inquiries and administrative
tasks on an as needed basis.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and support agency mission, vision,
value statements, policies and procedures, operating instructions,
confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior
- Willing to understand, respect and contribute to CLINIC's
vision, values, and beliefs
- Fulfill CLINIC's expectations that all staff abide by the
following Organization Behaviors:
- Serve with integrity
- Develop innovative solutions
- Promote learning - for themselves, for their colleagues, and
for our network
- Cultivate constructive relationships
- Model stewardship
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Exhibit leadership skills and initiative
- Communicate effectively
- Own your work
- Teamwork and cooperation with colleagues
- Resolves conflicts effectively and makes effective
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum two years of training events planning experience, or
related experience in a non-profit, education, or membership
- Ability to maintain a high level of customer service to
multiple groups and people of diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of and ability to apply meeting planning and
hospitality industry principles, methods, and procedures
- Experience in negotiation and contract administration preferred
but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Acrobat DC Pro and
ability to quickly learn other programs or software that assists
with job responsibilities
- Familiarity working in CRM and LMS systems preferred but not
- Familiarity with video platforms preferred but not
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Superb organizational skills
- Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work self-sufficiently and to direct projects
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple events
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to review, analyze, and synthesize information
- Ability to work under extreme pressure with multiple tasks and
- Demonstrate exceptional judgment and initiative
- Interest in serving the immigrant population
- Familiarity with the Catholic social teaching and the structure
of the Catholic Church
- This is a remote position, although preference for proximity to
Silver Spring, Maryland/ Washington D.C. area will be given.
- Must be able to travel on occasion for larger training events
on the yearly calendar.
- This position may require extended periods of standing and
sitting, as well as some repetitive movements, bending and
repetitive lifting of significant weight. Reasonable accommodation
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
key components and primary responsibilities.
Keywords: Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc. (CLINIC), Silver Spring , Training Events Coordinator, Other , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!