Chemist - Laurel,MD
Company: Clean Harbors
Posted on: May 12, 2022
The Opportunity:Clean Harbors in Laurel, MD is looking for a
Field Chemist to join their safety conscious team! The CField
Chemist works both indoors and outdoors at plants, labs, and
customer sites; and is responsible for assisting with daily
labpacks within customer facilities, household hazardous waste
(HHW) collections and lab moves.Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of
your careerKey Responsibilities:
- Ensure that Health and Safety is the number one priority by
complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and
acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Safe and compliant execution of labpack projects/jobs and the
proper packaging of material/waste and off-specifications of
- Print required labels and labels drums and assure driver of an
expedient pick-up. Load/pack materials/wastes properly and
segregate for compatibility the waste material on transport
- Overall quality control of waste materials to be shipped.
- Understand customer specific disposal restrictions/special
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by
management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors
business.What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Willing to obtain Valid CDL B License
- Previous experience with Lab Pack a plus
- College degree in chemistry, biology, geology, or other
- Detailed oriented and able to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication
skillsWondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean
Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!40-years of
sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to
create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment,
recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is
the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial
services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto
Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is
on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial
services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and
proven methodology - come be part of the solution with us.Join our
safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to
apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at
https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.Clean Harbors is an equal
opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due
to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability,
veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal,
state/provincial or local protected class.Clean Harbors is a
Military & Veteran friendly company.
Keywords: Clean Harbors, Silver Spring , Chemist - Laurel,MD, Other , Hyattsville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!