Company: ManTech International Corporation
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Where applicable, confirmation that you meet customer
requirements for facility access which may include proof of
vaccination and/or attestation and testing, unless an accommodation
has been approved.Secure our Nation, Ignite your FutureBecome an
integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry
Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech
International Corporation, you'll help protect our national
security while working on innovative projects that offer
opportunities for advancement.Currently, ManTech is seeking a
motivated, career and customer-oriented Cartographer to join our
team in Silver Spring, Maryland!The Maritime Safety Office (SFH)
seeks to increase In-House DNC/ENC (Digital Nautical
Charts/Electronic Navigation Charts) production and contract
DNC/ENC production capacity which will allow SFH to respond more
rapidly to customer requests and to enhance the quality and
accuracy of SFH's DNC/ENC portfolio.JOB DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT
- Source evaluation of rasterized nautical charts, ENC, digital
hydrographic survey data, Notices to Mariners (NtM), orthorectified
imagery, chart catalogs and a variety of Open Source or government
furnished data sets, to produce project packages for In-House or
- Compiling or updating maritime features and attributes for the
SFH DNC/ENC portfolio on ArcGIS based Data Capture and Finishing
Environment (DCAFE) workstations or ESRI based Foundation GEOINT
Modernization (FG MOD) production environment workstations.
- Extracting features from a variety of sources including but not
necessarily limited to rasterized nautical charts, ENC, digital
hydrographic survey data, NtM, orthorectified imagery, and chart
- Writing Python Scripts in ArcGIS to improve the efficiency of
the production process
- Data conversion/migration.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- Active TS/SCI security clearance (CI Polygraph preferred)
- Three (3) years of cartographic finishing feature extraction
from maps, charts or various imagery sources, attribution
population, and related experience.
- High School Diploma
- Knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS and PLTS.
- Ability to geo-rectify maps, charts, and various sources.
- Knowledge of agency Products and Services.PREFERRED
- Experience creating, editing, and manipulating shapefiles,
geodatabases, and features.
- Ability to export data in multiple formats, predominantly
standard MILSPEC as well as shapefiles.
- Knowledge of generalization rules.
- Ability to use imagery for the purposes of nautical chart
- Experience combining digital cartography, computer technology,
GIS, cartographic and geospatial production techniques, remote
sensing, photogrammetry, and digital data formats.
- Ability to perform manual or automated bulk quality
- Knowledge of geospatial database content management.
- Knowledge of symbolization rules (how symbols are used to
- Experience working with geospatial data in a multi-user
enterprise environment.SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Active TS/SCI with ability to obtain and maintain a CI
- NoneSCHEDULED WEEKLY HOURS:
- 40 (Full Time)PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%.
- Must be able to communicate, converse, and exchange information
with peers and senior personnel.For all positions requiring access
to technology/software source code that is subject to export
control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either
verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license.
The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for
export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by
compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech
may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose
access to export-controlled technology or software source code may
require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant
on that basis alone.ManTech International Corporation, as well as
its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal
opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee
or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion,
age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national
origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a
Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime
or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any
other characteristic protected by law.If you require a reasonable
accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its
online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO
Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative
action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled
and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of
any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon
its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action
policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited
recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.If you
are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran,
you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or
limited in your ability to use or access
http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of
your disability. To request an accommodation please click
firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact
Keywords: ManTech International Corporation, Silver Spring , Cartographer, Other , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!