Senior Epidemiologist (PhD/SAS)
Company: General Dynamics
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Type of Requisition:RegularClearance Level Must Currently
Possess:NoneClearance Level Must Be Able to
Obtain:SecretSuitability:No Suitability RequiredPublic Trust/Other
Required:Job Family:EpidemiologyJob Description:GDIT's work depends
on hiring a Senior Epidemiologist to join our team to support the
Armed Forces Health Surveillance Division (AFHSD) activities at
their Silver Spring, Maryland location.In this role, a typical day
- Providing consultative support on a wide variety of health
surveillance questions on military-related populations to public
health professionals, key military leaders, policy leaders, and
researchers throughout the DoD.
- Assisting in formulation of sound epidemiological studies
(i.e., hypothesis generation, study concept and design, data
retrieval from AFHSB and other DoD databases, analytic techniques,
- Using expertise in SAS to analyze personnel and health data for
military-related epidemiological studies and review SAS code
written by AFHSB analysts for accuracy.
- Ensuring timely completion of analysis, summaries, and reports
produced by E&A.
- Ensuring data quality of reports and analyses are of highest
quality and accuracy.
- Preparation of ad hoc briefings, white papers, summaries,
reports, manuscripts and presentations on health
- Doctoral degree in epidemiology, biostatistics or public health
(or related field)
- 5+ years of related experience in health surveillance and/or
- Demonstrated experience in health data analyses using SAS
- Experience in using Microsoft Office software
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be secret clearableWHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
- Challenging work that makes a real impact on the world around
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your
- 401K with company match
- Diverse, highly collaborative teams
- Professional development, education assistance, certification
and training opportunitiesNot sure this job's the one for you?
Check out our other openings at gdit.com/careers.
Do you have a friend or colleague this posting describes? Let them
know about the
Weekly Hours:40Travel Required:NoneTelecommuting Options:OnsiteWork
Location:USA MD Silver SpringAdditional Work Locations:COVID-19
Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to
all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees
and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require
employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the
federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.We are
GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government,
defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver.
Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical
missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in,
integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is
safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside
our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the
technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed
to get the job done.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
veteran status, or any other protected class.
Keywords: General Dynamics, Silver Spring , Senior Epidemiologist (PhD/SAS), Other , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!