Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) - PRN
Company: Cadia Healthcare
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Cadia Healthcare is looking for a Certified Occupational Therapy
Assistant to join our team! We can meet with you via ZOOM,
FaceTime, Skype, by telephone or in person!
What We Offer:
We care about our staff and provide excellent benefits and employee
* Medical, Dental and Vision Health Benefits
* Paid Vacation, Sick and Personal Time Off & Paid Holidays
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* 401K Plan with Company Match
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Discounted Employee Meals
* Tickets at Work for Discounted Entertainment Tickets!
* Verizon Wireless Discount
* Costco Membership Discount
* Annual $35 Non-Slip Shoe Replacement
* Employee Assistance Program
* Free Will/Estate Preparation Services
* Free/Discounted Legal Services Program
* In Facility Training/Inservice Programs
If you are looking to work for a company that cares about its
patients, its staff and provides a wonderful environment to do your
best work, please apply today!
* Complete all essential documentation and forms related to the
treatment services provided to a patient
* Assist the Occupational Therapist in the test and measure of
patients strength, ROM, ADL performance, motor development, sensory
perception, functional capacity, and respiratory and circulatory
efficiency, and record findings.
* Administer objective tests/assessments at various stages for
regulatory and documentation compliance and adjust treatments to
achieve maximum benefit.
* Use a range of technique, exercises, activities to strengthen
muscles, improve independence and safety with ADLs, fine/gross
motor coordination, functional transfers/mobility, homemaking/meal
* Instruct, motivate, and assist patients to perform various
physical activities such as non manual exercises, ambulatory
functional activities, daily living activities, and in use of
assistant and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes and
* Educate patients, their families/caregivers on the residents
progress to ensure a healthy lifestyle and to prevent injury and
* Must possess Delaware state issued certificate as a Certified
Occupational Therapy Assistant.
* Must possess at least 1 year of experience as an occupational
therapy assistant with exposure to patients of varying age groups
in different health care settings.
* Must be recognized by the NBCOT as a designated COTA (if state
* Experience implementing infection control practices and
procedures is preferred
* Previous experience using Rehab Optima is preferred.
Who We Are:
Compassion and appreciation are at the heart of who we are. We act
as an advocate for the patient but also for our employees. At Cadia
Healthcare, we have built an environment where new ideas are
encouraged. Our company culture is built on being supportive,
working as a team and reaching our goals. Cadia is excited to have
you continue your career with us!
What You Will Do:
As the COTA, will administer screenings and comprehensive
evaluations of assigned patients, develop appropriate and skilled
plans of care for restoration, adaptation, compensation or
maintenance of impairments and disabilities, and promote the
highest level of functional mobility, abilities & quality of life.
Cadia Healthcare is dedicated to providing the best care possible
and thats where you come in. We want you to join our team!
Keywords: Cadia Healthcare, Silver Spring , Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) - PRN, Other , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!