Posted on: August 5, 2022
Transdev Services, Inc., is seeking a Utility Worker at its
Hyattsville, MD facility.
The Utility Worker will handle basic shop duties. They will also
perform detail cleaning and fueling of equipment with limited
supervision. Additionally, they will be asked to complete basic
forms and fare box duties (i.e., diagnostic, repair,
Why Work with Us?
- Starting salary $15.25/hour!
- Paid training!
- Paid health benefits!
- Paid time off!
- Holiday pay!
- Flexible work schedules!
- Annual increases!
- State-of-the-art work facility!
- Tuition reimbursement!
- Career advancement opportunities!
- Being appreciated as a valuable member of a great
- Provides support to the Maintenance Department and Technicians
(e.g., vehicle washing, vehicle fueling, vehicle seat repair, fluid
checks, etc.) in accordance with established schedules.
- Perform such cleaning duties as sweeping, mopping of floors,
and vacuuming of seats and upholstery using appropriate cleaning
- Clean windows, mirrors, and interior glass.
- Empty trash from vehicles.
- Report damage, malfunctions and other irregularities of the
vehicle to Utility Supervisor.
- Turn in lost and found articles, putting them in the lost and
found cabinet and recording on the sheet each item found.
- Follow company policy and OSHA safety regulations.
- Position and stage vehicles in the parking lot.
- Properly clean and maintain equipment and work area at the end
of each shift.
- Keeps workers storage and work areas clean at all times.
- Responsible and accountable for maintaining service and repair
of cash revenue fare boxes for vehicles at the facility.
- Responsible for moving or positioning a variety of
- Will perform basic troubleshooting of farebox system.
- Other duties as assigned for the efficient operation of the
We are looking for employees who want to advance to other
positions, such as becoming a mechanic technician,
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-2 years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of shop safety standards.
- Must have a strong commitment to safety.
- Must be well-organized.
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must possess a CDL with passenger endorsement and airbrakes or
be able to obtain a CDL.
- Must be self-motivated and able to perform without constant or
- Must be able to work flexible hours or shifts.
- Ability to work on a team.
The physical demands described here are representatives of those
that must be met by the employee to successful perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can
possibly be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
- 10% of work is accomplished in doors and in air conditioned or
- 90% of work is accomplished outside in varying temperature,
weather, and humidity conditions; most work is performed alone and
in remote locations.
- Frequently stands and walks; ability to sit for up to three
hours; walk for long distances and on possible sloped ground or
slippery and uneven surfaces; normal manual dexterity and eye-hand
coordination; ability to lift or handle material weighing up to 50
to 75 lbs. without assistance; ability to bend, stoop, kneel,
crawl, and crouch; and corrected hearing and vision to normal
range; verbal communication.
- Exposure to heavy traffic areas while performing the duties of
- Exposure to considerable amounts of dust, vehicle fumes and
- Exposure to cleaning solutions, oils, and other liquids.
- Must be able to travel for company training, meeting or support
Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest private-sector operator
of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail,
streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed
to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities
through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent
company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and
integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides
passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about
in their cities. www.transdevna.com
For more information please visit our website at
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law. Associated topics: commercial, director,
housing assistant, lead, manage, manager ii, manager iv,
representative, resident, superintendent
Keywords: transdevna, Silver Spring , Utility Worker, Other , Hyattsville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!