Company: Didlake, Inc.
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: August 7, 2022
The Janitorial Supervisor provides support, assistance and guidance
to individuals with significant disabilities that will enable the
individual to develop work skills and enhance their ability to
communicate with customers in a workplace environment. Through the
support and guidance given to individuals with significant
disabilities they will be able to advance their knowledge, skills
and interpersonal skills opening up a variety of opportunities
including upward mobility within Didlake's organization.
The Janitorial Supervisor is responsible for overall direction,
coordination, and evaluation of workers engaged in cleaning and
maintaining site premises. The Janitorial Supervisor serves as a
manager who is responsible for establishing and maintaining a
positive and constructive environment among all staff
- Plans, directs and coordinates activities to ensure all goals
or objectives are accomplished.
- Inspects completed work for conformance to standards.
- Determines materials, supplies, and equipment needs and submits
to PM for approval.
- Identifies staff development and training gaps; consult with PM
to ensure training is obtained.
- Trains employees on job specific tasks.
- Identifies and problem-solve in a timely manner. Elevate to PM
- Addresses tardiness and attendance of staff in a positive
manner and provides recognition when appropriate.
- Reviews requests for leave and make recommendations to Project
Manager for approval according to Didlake policy.
- Works with Employment Services to assure program plans are
followed and appropriate accommodations are made.
- Provides leadership to staff by fostering cooperation.
- Gives feedback to nurture a positive environment and quality
- Models dependability, hard work, strong ethics, and
- Assures appropriate workplace conduct as dictated by Didlake
policy and procedures.
- Interviews potential employees and make recommendations for
- Assures safety of employees by monitoring proper use of
equipment and adherence to safety policies.
- Holds regular meetings with employees on priorities, assigned
work, and results of inspections.
- Utilizes training opportunities to expand professional and
- Inspects equipment for cleanliness and repair. Tag out
equipment when necessary; notify PM of all equipment
- Completes required paperwork and/or documentation.
- Acts as Didlake representative and good steward of government
- Completes and maintain all required Didlake trainings.
Didlake, Inc. is a non-profit rehabilitation services organization.
At Didlake, creating opportunities that enrich the lives of people
with disabilities is our mission. Since 1965, Didlake has served
thousands of people with significant disabilities by providing
training, job placement, employment opportunities and day support
services. We provide rewarding and purposeful work.
Keywords: Didlake, Inc., Silver Spring , Janitorial Supervisor, Other , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!