Law Clerk (J.D. Candidate)
Company: Melehy & Associates LLC
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Well-established plaintiffs' side employment law firm in Silver
Spring is seeking up to three law students for our law clerk
positions. Our firm litigates wage and hour and discrimination
claims. We also represent individuals in connection with contract
law and bankruptcy proceedings.
*Duties and responsibilities: *
- Assist in client intake and consultations;
- Review interrogatories and documents produced through
- Prepare exhibits for depositions, trials, and administrative
- Review and analyze affidavits, deposition transcripts, and trial
- Research a wide variety of legal issues;
- Draft court filings and business correspondence; and
- Assist in administrative tasks and case management.
- Draft fee petitions and procedural motions;
- Prepare damage calculation documentation and spreadsheets;
- Propound discovery requests;
- Maintain and organize case files; and
- Assist in other administrative tasks.
Law clerks play a major role in factual investigation for our
cases. Successful candidate must demonstrate effective
communications skills, strong multi-tasking and organization
skills, excellent research and writing skills, and have excellent
academic credentials. Proficiency in Microsoft - Excel and Word is
Law clerks are expected to work up to 35 hours per week in the
summer. Applicants should specify hours of commitment in the cover
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Cover Letter (Required)
Law School Transcript (unofficial) (Required)
Writing Sample (Required)
Undergraduate Transcript (unofficial) (Required)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
* Bachelor's (Preferred)
* Legal Research: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Melehy & Associates LLC, Silver Spring , Law Clerk (J.D. Candidate), Other , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!