User Experience Architect (UX)
Company: Aleut Support Services LLC - MAIN
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: March 17, 2023
ABOUT ALEUT FEDERAL
At Aleut Federal, we believe the company and its mission is just as important as the job you are applying for. Aleut Federal is an Alaskan Native-owned enterprise whose purpose is to support our "Shareholders," the Unangax, the indigenous people of the Aleutian Islands of Alaska. People are at the core the core of everything we do. We support our Shareholders by providing excellent service and quality results to our Clients, the various branches of the federal government. We engage in our local markets, so community service is embedded into our process.
Our culture nurtures the strength of our workforce through mentorship and coaching, providing opportunities for growth, and competitive benefits. We support and encourage diversity, inclusion, and accountability at every level.
The Aleut Federal motto is "We are One" because we truly believe that with one heart, one mind, and one purpose, we can accomplish our mission and be an organization anyone would be proud to be a part of.
Aleut Technical Services Group (TSG) is seeking a User Experience (UX) Architect to join our team in Rockville, MD, working remotely, and/or on-site.
* Work directly with the program team, including developers, QA engineers, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and a lot of other great teammates
* Plan and execute research activities and evaluate usability of a variety of applications and websites, both legacy and new.
* Produce detailed documentation, organize information and design strategies using data from user-centric testing methods and website analytics.
* Create mockups, or provide guidance on content structure to visual designers based on UX analyses
* Be a champion for the UX discipline including acting as an advocate for the user
* > Two (2) to five (5) years of experience leading transformative digital experiences
* Bachelor's Degree or higher in Visual Design, Psychology, Information Science, User Experience Design, Web Design, Interaction Design, or equivalent. Experience in lieu of degree may be considered
* Has a portfolio of UX documentation in support of projects like modern, responsive interfaces, large-scale websites, and mobile apps[MP1]
* Has an understanding of Human-Centered Design Processes and UX best practices.
* Can define and plan the execution and evolution of an overarching UX strategy
* Has experience with quantitative and qualitative research, including user interviews, usability testing, and other various methodologies.
* Has the ability to map a user's journey across their entire product experience.
* Has experience using design thinking methods to iterate on concepts that can be tested and validated with users
* Has experience in presenting findings and communicating ideas to the team, business analyst and stakeholders
* Has experience working with cross-functional teams in creating digital products
* Has experience using design tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, or Figma
* You have experience building minimal viable products (MVPs) and prototypes to support exploration and adoption of new technologies
* You are familiar with USWD
* You are familiar with pattern libraries
* You have an understanding of best practices for accessibility and 508 compliance
* You have familiarity with remote research and collaborative tools such as Optimal Workshop, Miro or Figjam
* You have some experience with website analytics tools such as Google Analytics or Hotjar.
* You are a self-starter and adaptable in approach to fit project budget and timelines
* You are energetic, team oriented, and a motivated learner
ABOUT ALEUT FEDERAL
Keywords: Aleut Support Services LLC - MAIN, Silver Spring , User Experience Architect (UX), Other , Silver Spring, Maryland
here to apply!