Armory Section Lead
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Overview: Armory Section Lead Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide Armory services on behalf of the customer, a component
of warehouse services, to maintain all agency weapons,
optics/sighting/laser and infrared illuminating systems and all
other armory related equipment up to depot level.
- Receive, store, transport, issue, recover, lateral transfer,
location change and dispose of weapons in accordance with
requirements. Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes Education and/or
- 4+ years of experience as a full-time armorer.
- 5+ years of related work experience and possession of a
relevant Bachelor's college/university degree; or 10+ years or
related work experience and possession of a relevant Associate's
college/university degree; or 15+ years of related work experience
qualifying for the respective position and possession of a High
- Experience in DOD Supply Systems is desirable. Knowledge,
Skills, and Abilities:
- Must possess a working knowledge of the individual weapon
systems, and shall have successfully worked within a federal law
enforcement or military, state law enforcement, or local law
- Must be thoroughly familiar with transportation laws,
Government Bills of Lading, Federal/DoD Supply System,
MILSTRIP/MILSTRAP procedures, receiving, warehousing, packing and
crating, shipping, pick-up and delivery operations, and forklift
- A thorough working knowledge of Government Security practices
is also required.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with appropriate munitions storage,
issue, recovery, accountability, movement, and disposal
- Must have concrete knowledge and understanding of DoD Physical
Security of Sensitive Conventional Arms, Ammunition and Explosives
(AA&E) regulations, directives, instructions and policies.
- Must be knowledgeable of appropriate maintenance and use on/of
specialized and standard weapons and associated equipment related
to shop tooling.
- Must be well versed in all maintenance aspects of weapons
repair to include weapons capabilities and limitations, in-depth
diagnostics of malfunctions, various levels of' repair and
corrective techniques and inspection of critical areas while using
a variety of specialized gauges, tooling, jigs, schematics, and
other weapons related equipment to make necessary adjustments for
optimum peormance. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Armorer must have successfully completed a certified Gunsmith
school from a military service, accredited Gunsmith School or
obtained an in-depth maintenance experience or Service/Law
Enforcement equivalent and served in at least an intermediate
maintenance repair facility. Maintenance shall be supported to the
depot level on all weapons.
- Certified on at least one weapon. Agency standard weapons are
as follows: Beretta M9, Sig Sauer P series Ml 1 pistols, Glock
17/19/22/23/26 pistol, M16/M4 Special Operation Peculiar
Modification (SOPMOD) variants, HK416 rifle or clone, SR25/Ml 10
rifle, Remington 700 Precision rifle and clones, M870 shotgun,
Mossberg 500/590 shotgun, M249 Squad Automatic Weapon (SAW), M240
machine gun; MPS series sub-machine gun; and G36 rifle. Security
- TOP SECRET Clearance with SCI Access Required
- Must have a current US Government TOP SECRET Personnel Security
Clearance and be able to qualify for SCI access
- Must have a current US Government Single Scope Background
Investigation (SSBI) (less than 4-1/2 years old) or be able to
successfully complete a U.S. government administered Single Scope
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be eligible for and able to obtain and maintain required
Security Clearance/access approvals. Physical Demands: The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully peorm the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to peorm the essential functions.
While peorming the duties of this job, the employee is required to
be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers
to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office
equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop;
kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally
lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Work Environment: General
warehouse environment. Travel not anticipated, but if required at
certain times will be less than 25%. OCONUS travel might be
Keywords: Olgoonik, Silver Spring , Armory Section Lead, Other , Hyattsville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...