Chinese Linguist Screener
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Description The National Solutions Operation is currently
soliciting highly qualified linguists to support a DoD customer.
Linguist/Screeners will work in a dynamic team environment and are
responsible for creating summaries, gists, and full translations.
The Screener Linguist position is an exciting position with the
potential to allow linguists, on a temporary basis, to work on
specialized projects and/or deploy on worldwide assignments.
DESIRED PRIMARY LANGUAGE: ChinesePRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:Each
linguist will be assigned to specific team functions based on
personnel capabilities, qualifications, and aptitude, the direction
most conducive successful to operations, and in order to maximize
efficiency and media throughput. They may be promoted to new roles
after a sufficient period of orientation and familiarization with
project activities. Linguists may also be given the opportunity to
participate in directed training to increase their mission related
knowledge, cultural awareness, and linguistic skills. Linguists
will work in a dynamic team environment performing various
functions including but not limited to:
- Review general and technical source material in the target
language to prepare accurate written gists, translations, and/or
transcriptions in idiomatic English
- Scan and process a large amount of material in a foreign
language for critical or essential elements of information as
defined by the customer
- Provide input to other team members in the production of
- Leverage information system skills (i.e., word processing and
data entry), use advance language software programs, and
participate in forensic processing MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- BA degree and/or 4 - 8 prior relevant experience in lieu of
degree, or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Achieve a minimum score of an Interagency Language Roundtable
(ILR) 3 in respective foreign language(s) and 3 in English for
Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing, with a preference given
to a 3+
- Demonstrated history of working on screening or translation
projects and in maintaining the integrity and meaning of the
- Ability to quickly scan and process a large amount of material
in a foreign language for critical and essential elements of
- Ability to conduct and prepare accurate gists, translations,
and/or transcriptions of general and technical materials.
- Ability to write and speak in a clear, concise, and
professional manner in the specified foreign language and
- Team player who is able to communicate effectively with
colleagues, addresses tasks quickly and efficiently, and
collaborates on group projects.
- Be proficient in standard MS Office programs, and able to learn
customer or job-specific software programs and standard operating
- Willingness to work periodic shift work to meet mission
- Sufficient technical aptitude to gain a working knowledge on
job-required tools and processes (on-the-job and/or formal training
will be provided). Clearance:
- Must currently possess a minimum TS/SCI Clearance
- Ability to obtain a CI polygraph
- Current or recent SCI-level access is a significant advantage
- Must be able to pass a polygraph and Subject Interview.
- Background or experience in the military, DLI, or intelligence
- Top Secret clearance with current or recent SCI-level clearance
- Proficiency in multiple foreign languages
- Experience using TED or DHDS Pay Range: Pay Range $66,300.00 -
$119,850.00 The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general
guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary.
Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but
are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education,
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal
equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement
(if any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos, Silver Spring , Chinese Linguist Screener, Other , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!