Company: Electronic Consulting Services
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: January 9, 2019
ECS is seeking a Research Associate to work in our Silver Spring, MD office.
ECS Federal, LLC (ECS) has an immediate opening for a Research Associate to support the NOAA Fisheries Office of Science and Technology s Fisheries Statistics Division. The physical location of this Office is in Silver Spring, MD.
NOAA Fisheries Office of Science and Technology (ST) promotes and ensures the sound scientific basis for NOAA Fisheries science programs and resource conservation and management decisions. The Marine Recreational Information Program (MRIP) focuses on collecting, analyzing, and reporting recreational fishing data. MRIP was initiated by NOAA Fisheries as a state-federal collaborative working with the interstate fisheries commissions and other relevant agencies to reassess and redesign how recreational data are collected, analyzed, and used. MRIP is the new way NOAA Fisheries is collecting, analyzing and reporting recreational fishing data.
The NOAA Fisheries Office of Science and Technology requires survey operations and statistical support to assist with monitoring and performing statistical data analyses/technical reviews on survey deliverables and data collection tasks from contractors and/or state partner grantees, performing QA/QC checks of survey sample frames and survey data, and reviewing survey contract deliverables to determine whether or not they meet requirements specified in the subject contract or grant.
* Data Analysis Perform data analysis and apply statistical models to understand the patterns, trends, and potential data gaps in the time series of survey data.
* Data Management Effectively manage data and make necessary corrections as required.
* Data Dissemination Facilitate responses to routine requests for survey data and statistics which are maintained in SAS format, and produce data tables and datasets with requested information.
* Monitor Survey Performance Monitor the conduct of survey tasks by contractors and/or state agency partners. This work requires understanding of the basic schedule of sampling and data collection tasks performed by contractors/grantees.
* Track Survey Deliverables Track the deliverables (or progress reports) from contractors and/or state partner grantees according to a pre-defined schedule.
* Review Survey Deliverables Relative to Survey Contract Requirements Check and review survey contract deliverables (or grant progress reports) to determine whether or not they meet requirements specified in the subject contract or grant.
* Quality Control, Auditing, and Editing of Survey Data Check data delivered by data collection contractors and/or state partner grantees for possible errors. If errors are found, then the contractor/grantee must be notified as soon as possible to allow timely communications with data collection or data entry staff as needed to determine an appropriate correction.
* Statistical programming Develop programs using statistical analysis software independently or with minimal guidance in support of survey operations and statistical support responsibilities.
* Communications with Survey Contractors, State Partners, and Interstate Commission Partners Communicate with contractors, states, and interstate commissions to facilitate survey operations.
* Document Survey Operations Document current or new procedures or protocols for sample selection, data collection, data processing, and/or statistical estimation.
* Facilitation and support of interdisciplinary teams working on design, estimation, and implementation aspects of MRIP survey.
* Strong data management and analysis skills.
* Advanced level of SAS and/or R programming skills for descriptive data analyses, linear modeling, and graphical outputs.
* Strong quantitative skills.
* Knowledge of surveys and survey operations.
* Knowledge of fisheries.
* Advanced level of working knowledge in Microsoft Excel for data explorations and analyses.
* Strong problem solving skills.
* Aptitude for complex, analytical work with an attention to detail.
* Excellent writing and communication skills.
* Good interpersonal skills.
* Motivated, proactive, and a self-starter.
* Background in fisheries survey is a plus
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
Keywords: Electronic Consulting Services, Silver Spring , Research Associate, Other , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!