Environmental Service Worker
Company: Marys Center For Maternal and Child Care
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: January 12, 2019
Job DetailsLevel EntryJob Location 344 University Blvd - Silver Spring, MDPosition Type Full TimeJob Shift AnyJob Category FacilitiesDescription The Environmental Service Worker maintains environmental and infection control standards within established policies and procedures of Mary's Center. The position performs a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain patient rooms, offices, hallways and other assigned areas of the facility. The position follows standard practices and procedures and complies with regulatory requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Dusts furniture, woodwork and equipment and dust-mops floors. Polishes and cleans fixtures in rooms and bathrooms.
- Operates mechanical floor cleaners, buffers, vacuums, snow blowers, shampooers and related environmental service equipment.
- Wet-mops rooms, halls and other areas; shampoos rugs and furniture.
- Cleans vents, fan fixtures, top of windows, doorframes and other high areas using a ladder.
- Gathers and disposes of trash and waste materials using specified bags or containers.
- Buffs, strips, waxes and polishes floors.
- Moves furniture and other heavy objects as required.
- Performs terminal cleaning procedures of patient rooms and prepares rooms for new occupants; follows isolation procedures in isolation rooms.
- Cleans and disinfects all fixtures, floors, mirrors, windows, doors and walls of bathrooms.
- Takes supply requests and delivers them.
- Keeps work areas neat and orderly, cleans equipment and assists with other cleaning duties as assigned.
- Shovels snow at all exits and ramps.
- Assists with evacuations, when needed.
- During inclement weather, the Environmental Services Worker must be prepared to report to work if designated by the Director of Environmental Services.
Qualifications To perform these services successfully, a Environmental Services Manager must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience - Minimum qualifications: High School graduate or equivalent. Bilingualism in Spanish and English preferred.
Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out highly-complex multi-step instructions and make appropriate independent decisions as necessary.
Physical Demands - Regularly required sitting; frequently required to reach with hands and arms, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear; must be able to lift objects up to fifty (50) pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment - Mostly in a typical outpatient office/clinic setting with quiet to moderate noise level. Exposed to a combination of office and warehouse environments. Regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise. May be exposed to potentially-hazardous blood-borne/respiratory pathogens and bodily fluids which require the practice of Universal Precaution procedures.
Keywords: Marys Center For Maternal and Child Care, Silver Spring , Environmental Service Worker, Other , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!