Company: Icon Government and Public Health Solutions
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: March 14, 2019
ICON Government and Public Health Solutions specializes in preclinical through phase IV support of clinical research and clinical trial services for biologics, drugs, and devices. We help our customers get their products to market faster with a wide array of research, regulatory, and sponsor services both within the US and around the globe and respond rapidly to global health crises.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Candidates for positions under ICON Government and Public Health Solutions contracts with the Department of Defense (DoD) may be required to pass one or more background/security investigations conducted by the DoD, U.S. Army, or other Federal Government agency.
* Performs research on bacteriophages and microbial pathogens of military relevance (e.g. Staphylococcus aureus, Shigella, Pseudomonas, Klebsiella, etc.), including in-depth bacteriophage characterization and animal modeling.
* Independently plans, coordinates and performs microbiological studies and genetic studies of bacteriophages and bacterial pathogens , including animal modeling, under biosafety level 2 and 3 conditions based on general directions provided by COR.
* Acts as a Principle or Associate Investigator in managing research projects within defined scope of work.
* Modifies established experimental techniques as required and establishes new techniques in the laboratory based on information provided in the scientific literature.
* Analyzes and reports experimental results to COR.
* Maintains accurate and appropriate research records including maintaining laboratory notebooks compliant with standards of laboratory work (replicability) and with WRAIR/Army regulations.
* Maintains knowledge of state-of-the art principles and techniques required to accomplish the research duties.
* Trains and supervises junior technical staff to accomplish objectives.
* Maintains laboratory operation, including insuring stocks of laboratory supplies and reagents, maintains laboratory safety, orderliness and cleanliness.
* Writes and publishes articles in peer reviewed scientific journals; prepares data for presentation at scientific meetings in accordance with WRAIR policy 12-03 Authorship of Manuscripts Sent to Scientific Journals.
* Prepares proposals and progress reports for performance of research projects.
* Integrates and coordinates scientific experiments in the field of expertise.
* Participates in planning sessions for program design and direction.
* Prepare human use and/or animal use protocols.
* Completes all required safety, biosafety and security training classes.
* Obtain required occupational physical examinations, annual serologic tests and any required security clearance to conduct work in department laboratories.
* It is anticipated that support services in Bangkok, Thailand, will be required annually for approximately 14 days.
* It is anticipated that support services in Moscow, Russia, will be required annually for approximately 5 days (Base Year and Option Years 2-4).
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Laboratory/office environment; may require working evenings and weekends. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. Work may involve long periods of standing and handling of numerous chemicals and/or hazardous biological material. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: Icon Government and Public Health Solutions, Silver Spring , Scientist, Other , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!