Company: Icon Government and Public Health Solutions
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: April 18, 2019
ICON Government and Public Health Solutions specializes in
preclinical through phase IV support of clinical research and
clinical trial services for biologics, drugs, and devices. We help
our customers get their products to market faster with a wide array
of research, regulatory, and sponsor services both within the US
and around the globe and respond rapidly to global health
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential
function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the
Candidates for positions under ICON Government and Public Health
Solutions contracts with the Department of Defense (DoD) may be
required to pass one or more background/security investigations
conducted by the DoD, U.S. Army, or other Federal Government
* Performs research on bacteriophages and microbial pathogens of
military relevance (e.g. Staphylococcus aureus, Shigella,
Pseudomonas, Klebsiella, etc.), including in-depth bacteriophage
characterization and animal modeling.
* Independently plans, coordinates and performs microbiological
studies and genetic studies of bacteriophages and bacterial
pathogens , including animal modeling, under biosafety level 2 and
3 conditions based on general directions provided by COR.
* Acts as a Principle or Associate Investigator in managing
research projects within defined scope of work.
* Modifies established experimental techniques as required and
establishes new techniques in the laboratory based on information
provided in the scientific literature.
* Analyzes and reports experimental results to COR.
* Maintains accurate and appropriate research records including
maintaining laboratory notebooks compliant with standards of
laboratory work (replicability) and with WRAIR/Army
* Maintains knowledge of state-of-the art principles and techniques
required to accomplish the research duties.
* Trains and supervises junior technical staff to accomplish
* Maintains laboratory operation, including insuring stocks of
laboratory supplies and reagents, maintains laboratory safety,
orderliness and cleanliness.
* Writes and publishes articles in peer reviewed scientific
journals; prepares data for presentation at scientific meetings in
accordance with WRAIR policy 12-03 Authorship of Manuscripts Sent
to Scientific Journals.
* Prepares proposals and progress reports for performance of
* Integrates and coordinates scientific experiments in the field of
* Participates in planning sessions for program design and
* Prepare human use and/or animal use protocols.
* Completes all required safety, biosafety and security training
* Obtain required occupational physical examinations, annual
serologic tests and any required security clearance to conduct work
in department laboratories.
* It is anticipated that support services in Bangkok, Thailand,
will be required annually for approximately 14 days.
* It is anticipated that support services in Moscow, Russia, will
be required annually for approximately 5 days (Base Year and Option
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Laboratory/office environment; may require working evenings and
weekends. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to manipulate
objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb
stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. Work
may involve long periods of standing and handling of numerous
chemicals and/or hazardous biological material. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in
the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: Icon Government and Public Health Solutions, Silver Spring , Scientist, Other , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!