Humanitarian Assistance Associate - Syria
Company: Global Communities
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: November 10, 2019
1. Provides administrative support to the department.
* Provides logistical support to headquarters and field operations
and staff by managing travel arrangements, processing vendor and
consultant invoices, and managing/maintaining SharePoint document
* Coordinates the recruitment process for program-funded positions
in the field as well as supporting consultant recruitment.
* Prepares and submits BIS license requests for relevant field
operations in coordination with the legal department.
* Supports technical writers, reviewers, and other business
development team members on program development initiatives, such
as contributing to program modification proposals and engaging
field staff to gather information in support of new business
* Develops and updates program templates and tools for program
support, in coordination with other teams and departments. Submits
reports to various databases and points of contact, as required in
* Assists with the planning for evaluations of humanitarian
programs, where applicable.
Conducts administrative tasks in support of Syria field programs by
coordinating meeting logistics (scheduling and notetaking),
maintaining team calendars, and other tasks as assigned.
2. Represents the organization while on TDY overseas and at
InterAction working groups, USAID meetings, think tanks, and other
thematic or country-specific briefings and events. Establishes and
maintains excellent working relationships with other humanitarian
assistance actors, including donors.
3. Contributes to the development of the organization s evolving
strategy in Syria, such as providing planning support to
4. Undertakes all other duties and projects as may be assigned from
time to time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Knowledge of international development or emergency response
related programming, project development, and grants
* Basic knowledge of emergency livelihoods, public health in
emergencies, shelter or disaster risk reduction programming.
* Good analytical skills.
* Fluency in English, written and oral. Fluency in a relevant
second language, preferably Arabic would be an asset.
* Able to work under general supervision, handling and completing
multiple tasks simultaneously with staff in various time zones.
* Willingness to mobilize to difficult locations and situations on
short notice. Willingness to travel approximately 25% of time
depending on department needs.
* Advanced knowledge of word processing, excel, and database
* Able to work productively in a dynamic team environment.
* Accuracy, attention to detail required in a fast-paced
* Ability to read and interpret documents and ability to sit at a
computer and operate a keyboard.
* Bachelor s degree and minimum of one year of relevant
programmatic support experience working for an international
development, humanitarian or emergency response organization.
* Volunteer, fellowship or relevant internship considered
* Equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Must have U.S. work authorization.
Global Communities is an equal opportunity employer that values
diversity at all levels. EOE/AA -
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individual with Disabilities.
Global Communities employs committed and qualified individuals at
its headquarters in downtown Silver Spring, Maryland just outside
of Washington, DC.
In conforming with applicable laws, Global Communities is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, national origin, genetic information, religious
beliefs, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, pregnancy, disability, protected veteran status, or any
other protected classifications, activities, or conditions as
required by federal, state and local laws.
As an applicant, please visit:
to learn about your protection under Federal law. You may also
to view Global Communities EEO Policy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Global Communities is committed
to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals
with disabilities in all facets of employment, including the
employment application and selection process. If you have a
disability that affects your ability to use our online system to
apply for a position, please send us an email on our Contact Us
page " https://www.globalcommunities.org/contactus" or call
301.587.4700 to request accommodation.
Keywords: Global Communities, Silver Spring , Humanitarian Assistance Associate - Syria, Other , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!