Clean Room Technician
Company: Icon Government and Public Health Solutions
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: February 15, 2020
ICON Government and Public Health specializes in preclinical
through phase IV support of clinical research and clinical trial
services for biologics, drugs, and devices. We help our customers
get their products to market faster with a wide array of research,
regulatory, and sponsor services both within the US and around the
globe and respond rapidly to global health crises.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential
function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the
* Participate in the oversight and execution of the Cleanroom
Technician duties to include scheduling of routine monitoring
tasks, troubleshooting, and assisting in the day to day operations
of the unit.
* Routine tasks:
* Cleaning and sanitization of production clean rooms and
* Washing and autoclaving of production and laboratory
* Washing, autoclaving and depyrogenation of production and
* Order supplies and perform basic equipment care as needed.
* Participate in SOP revision or authoring of new SOPs as they
pertain to this job description and as required.
* Responsible for training and coaching staff.
* Provide all job-related progress reports or technical reports as
requested, in a timely manner.
* Maintain a safe workplace ensuring that he/she is aware of and
observes appropriate safety and occupational health rules and
* Employee is required to attend safety training relative to
his/her position and report any infractions of safety procedures to
the facility Safety Officer.
* Performs light duties and other related duties as required and
Candidates for positions under ICON GPHS's contracts with the
Department of Defense (DoD) may be required to pass one or more
background/security investigations conducted by the DoD, U.S. Army,
or other Federal Government agency.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* Laboratory/office environment that may require working evenings,
weekends or holidays when required to support vaccine production
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to manipulate
objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb
stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear.
* Work may involve long periods of standing and handling of
numerous chemicals and/or hazardous biological material.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Icon Government and Public Health Solutions, Silver Spring , Clean Room Technician, Professions , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!