Google Cloud Platform Cloud Architect
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Description We are currently seeking a motivated, career and
customer oriented Senior Cloud Application Architect to join our
team for an exciting and challenging opportunity with SAIC. The
Senior Cloud Application Architect must have experience in the
management of small, high performance technical teams working in
development and operations of cloud and other virtualized
environments. Must have significant in depth understanding of and
experience with the creation of and use of cloud based resources;
as well as the migration of legacy systems to cloud. Must be able
to identify strategies for addressing requirements. Must have
extensive experience with analysis of requirements against fiscal,
schedule, and performance issues. Must have extensive experience
taking in program requirements and be able to create an
architecture vision having experience in high volume and high
availability networks and systems. Experienced in creating and
conveying to team members the architectural vision for a program or
project. Is responsible for dictating design choices to software
and system solution developers, including but not limited to:
platforms, deployment platform and virtualized environment
solutions. Experience in establishing and enforcing standards and
practices. Oversees the development of all Cloud Architecture
services for the client. Has extensive software and hardware
development experience and thorough knowledge of a variety of
programming languages as well as development and deployment
platforms. Business Development and Client Facing Responsibilities:
Fills a technical leadership role with in-depth portfolio related
technology specialization to build quality infrastructure solutions
that meet the requirements and advises clients on Unisys Solution
offerings, strategy, designs, specific technologies, implementation
approaches and alternatives / tradeoffs. Duties:
- Leads a Cloud Architecture technical team, overseeing all of
the team's technical tasks, requirements and deliverables.
- Works with the Cloud Architecture and Development team to make
sure they understand and support all client processes and
- Leads or supports delivery of advisory services, strategic
planning activities, and business case development within the
assigned Unisys portfolio areas and infrastructure disciplines such
as application / storage platforms, databases, networks, security
and IT processes / operations / governance. Mentors junior
architects on advisory services delivery.
- Assumes a leadership position on and uses understanding of
Unisys Portfolio Resources for new business opportunities. Performs
responsibilities including Portfolio solution proposal management,
solution design, solution review, risk analysis, proposal
preparation and client presentations.
- Provides technical oversight for or develops technical
estimates created with standards tools, portfolio Work Breakdown
Structures, statements of work and industry standard estimating
- Uses portfolio solution knowledge and Portfolio Center
resources to lead or support the technical portion of the bid
process including design reviews, bid reviews, portfolio component
selection, development case definition and system integration
- Analyzes and evaluates client requirements against portfolio
offerings and performs build vs. buy analysis.
- Architects a complete solution using appropriate portfolio
offerings with design elements that allow integration into client
- Refine and optimize infrastructure architectural models and
creates architectural prototypes as required. Reviews the
architectural artifacts and/or technology plans produced by junior
- Adheres to appropriate SDF processes, architectural artifact
requirements and architectural best practices.
- Is responsible for the solution integrity within the assigned
solution area for the engagement.
- Coordinates architect resources on all sized projects to
develop the infrastructure architecture.
- Maintains knowledge of technologies, industry trends, standards
and design techniques. Service Delivery Responsibilities Fills an
architect functional role with in-depth portfolio related
technology specialization to develop or refine infrastructure
solution designs based on Unisys portfolio offerings and interfaces
with the client on all issues related to the design,
implementation, testing and cutover of the solution.
- Works with client stakeholders to evaluate the solution
requirements and supports the management and traceability of
requirements during the engagement
- Acts as a subject matter expert resource to clients on
Portfolio Solution processes, required products, product
configuration, solution integration, implementation methodologies,
resource requirements and implementation timelines.
- Interfaces to all levels of the client's organization on
solution implementation progress, technical issues, proper
practices and technical requirements.
- Acts as a key contact for medium to large client portfolio
solution implementations including oversight of multiple
engagements within the assigned portfolio area.
- Promotes the use of Unisys standard SDF methods, tools and
processes for the client engagement
- Develop and refine infrastructure design models using Unisys
standard asset discovery and infrastructure modeling tools. Leads
or supports design peer reviews and internal project reviews.
- ship Required.
- Bachelors, Master's Degree or equivalent required (to qualify
for minimum GSA requirements).
- Fifteen (15) + years of experience.
- Experienced with Cloud Migration Strategy, Planning, and
- Architect or developer certifications in Google cloud
- Experience delivering solutions to major Federal Programs.
Target salary range: $135,001 - $145,000. The estimate displayed
represents the typical salary range for this position based on
experience and other factors.
My SAIC Benefits . - provided by Dice
Keywords: SAIC, Silver Spring , Google Cloud Platform Cloud Architect, Professions , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!