Service Desk Technician
Company: cFocus Software Incorporated
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: February 23, 2021
cFocus Software seeks a Service Desk Technician in Silver
Spring, MD for a 2 year contract (from 2) with NOAA.
Required Qualifications Include:
- Working knowledge of Windows 10, MS Office 2016, Mac OS, and
- 3+ years of IT experience and service desk experience (Service
Desk Manager: Minimum 3 years)
- Provide exceptional customer service
Desired Qualifications Include:
- NOAA Experience
- Network+ and A+ is highly desired
- Understanding of ITIL Foundations and Security+ would be
- Completed NOAA Background Investigation
- Associate's Degree or equivalent
- Help Desk Institute (HDI) certification, especially for Service
- Jira Service Desk or similar ticketing system
- Provides support to end users on a variety of issues.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for
- Escalates issues to the appropriate level and specialists.
- Documents, tracks and monitors incidents and problems in an
automated ticketing/service management system to ensure timely
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish
- Responsible for the full lifecycle management, security and
health of end-user related Government Furnished Equipment
- Shall have a broad range of IT experience and knowledge, be
able to perform IT administration duties for any covered location
and possess excellent customer support skills.
- Understand and troubleshoot all systems under Service Desk
management, especially the workstation image, operating systems and
- Understand service management framework and operation of
ticketing system and employ best service practices.
- Log all user requests in the ticketing system.
- Provide customers and customer systems timely and accurate
service, support, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Analyze, diagnose and resolve a daily mixture of simple and
complex GFE equipment and service-related problems.
- Recommend and implement corrective solutions, including
off-site repair for remote users and performance upgrades to
- Perform hardware moves, requests, and modifications using
established property management processes.
- Standing desk assembly and removal.
- Perform and post morning (opening) and evening (closing) audits
- Maintain and manage a pool of loaner laptops; follow
established procedures for providing loaners to customers.
- Backup, restore and activate new Government Smart Phone and
tablet devices, using NOAA's mobile asset management software.
- Test software packages developed by the infrastructure
operations staff and provide feedback and analysis. Install,
upgrade, and maintain network and (limited) desktop printers and
- Support established IMO, NOAA, and Federal property processes
for receiving equipment, provisioning equipment, issuing hand
receipts and property pass, maintaining inventory database/tool,
sanitizing and excessing equipment.
- Follow established procedures to complete removal and
overwriting of data from equipment, and complete the excess of
surplus and out of date equipment.
- Track equipment moves; support the annual inventory
- Provide end user support and training.
- Enforce and follow IT/security policy through the use of
defined processes and standard operating procedures
At cFocus Software, we take good care of our employees!! We offer a
generous benefits package including:
- 3 weeks of paid leave
- 401(k) with 4% employer match
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance coverage
- Life/Long Term/Short Term Disability Insurance
- Annual training
- Spot bonuses, generous Xmas party gifts
In response to COVID-19: Please note we are actively hiring during
this time. We are able to offer a virtual interview process to
ensure potential candidates will remain safe.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: cFocus Software Incorporated, Silver Spring , Service Desk Technician, Professions , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!