Business Analyst/Quality Assurance Analyst
Company: ULLICO, Inc.
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: November 12, 2021
***DO NOT NEED QA AUTOMATION ENGINEERS. THIS IS A MID-LEVEL to
SENIOR LEVEL POSITION LOCAL TO DC/MD/VA.**LOOKING FOR IT ANALYST IN
GROUP, LIFE, AND HEALTH INDUSTRY**We need an IT BA/QA resource to
support various Group Life and Health IT projects, including but
not limited to Group Insurance, Life Insurance, Stop Loss, and
Supplemental. The candidate foremost should be accountable, problem
solver and willing to take ownership of tasks to completion. Along
with the required technical skillset, the ideal candidate should
contribute and enrich the Ullico workforce.Duties:
- Work with Project Manager and key business users to identify
the problem, understand business processes, date flow and
requirements and identify process and technology improvement
- Work with PMO and business team to understand current system
functions and translate into use cases, to be then translated into
future system workflows.
- Must have prior experience working with Group Life and/or
Health Insurance systems and have moderate knowledge of the
Business and the Policy Admin Systems.
- Facilitate group sessions and conduct interviews to obtain
- Translate business requirements into functional system
requirements and user interface specifications to produce business
specifications/use cases, UML diagrams, workflow/process diagrams
using Microsoft Visio.
- Design and maintain Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM),
Business and Functional requirements document, change requests and
other project documents. Also, prepare user manuals, support user
onboarding and provide training to Business Owners on system
- Verify database queries and stored procedures written by
developers to test the output and update as necessary to enhance
- Assist Project Manager to estimate Level of Efforts based on
SOW or Change Requests, perform feasibility analysis by evaluating
multiple solutions, and recommend efficient solution.
- Perform gap analysis between vendor applications and internal
systems and collaborate with vendors to ensure successful system
- Proactive and accountable to tasks and assigned
responsibilities. Works well in a fast paced, cross-functional
- Perform and document data analysis, data mapping, data
dictionary and business rule definition for implementation,
conversion, quality assurance and integration efforts.
- Perform data cleaning, mapping, and analysis for system
integration and reporting. Use MS Excel functions for automated
calculation and comparison to support reporting and data
- Analyze and document business process and data flows as well as
- Identify and communicate impact of system changes on other
projects or systems or on areas throughout the company, ensuring
these impacts are comprehended across teams.
- Work with Project Managers to plan and facilitate user
acceptance testing involving the business users and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Vendors on outsourced applications to ensure
successful internal system integration.
- Utilize skills learned from Scrum Master, Six Sigma, ITIL and
ITSM certifications (if applicable) to improve the processes and
practice used by team during project execution.
- Assist in estimation, planning and deployments of multiple
systems and web applications.
- Analyze and confirm if upgraded system functionality conforms
and provides the same functions as pre-upgrade
application/functions/interfaces, and there is compatible with
ongoing business process and data flows.
- Assist Project Manager in planning and estimating efforts, as
well as planning and facilitating user acceptance testing involving
the business users and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with IT technical staff to communicate requirements
and assist in designing effective technical solutions.
- Understand and adhere to IT project lifecycle methodology.
- Understand and assist with validation of downstream interface
files for banking, ledger, and compliance systems.*
- Prepare test scenarios, scripts and perform different types of
testing including smoke, functional, regression and User Acceptance
Testing. Also, assisted QA Lead to automate test cases using HP
- Perform quality assurance and testing activities on varied IT
projects ranging from large enterprise-wide systems implementations
to applications and/or infrastructure enhancement or upgrade
- Assess and measure the quality of system designs. Continuously
test and monitor system performance and usability and propose
enhancements with solutions to improve internal systems.
- Develop, document, and execute test plans and test cases in
accordance with functional requirements and technical
- Validate sites across browsers and operating systems, the
accuracy of links, visual presentation and its alignment with
design specifications, and database updates.
- Write clear, concise bug reports and effectively communicate
with developers and project managers to isolate problems.
- Review test plans and cases written by others for coverage and
completeness. Assist in maintaining and enhance existing business,
test cases, test plan and system documentation.
- Review requirements and design documentation and participate in
- Conduct QA on support processes to ensure that the application
and support solution meets quality standards and business
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience working with the SDLC in
traditional and Agile/Scrum environments.
- SQL skills: basic
- Experience with software requirements and QA processes are
- Strong written and oral communication, analytical and problem
solving skills are required for this position
- Basic knowledge of relational databases and concepts, to
perform SQL queries.
- Process oriented, logical thinker
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products.Experience:
- Business Analysis: 5 years (Required)
- Insurance: 5 years (Required)
- Group, Life and Health Insurance Industry: 5 years (Required)
LOMA Certificate preferred
- Quality Assurance: 5 years (Preferred)Job Type:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- Monday to FridaySupplemental Pay:
- Bonus payWork Location: One location
Keywords: ULLICO, Inc., Silver Spring , Business Analyst/Quality Assurance Analyst, Professions , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!