Production Associate (Helper)
Company: Airgas Inc
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team
eager to drive our business forward?
Apply now and move your career forward with Airgas as a Production
Associate (Helper) in Hyattsville, MD!
What you will do:
Provides general assistance in the plant, including painting
cylinders, valve/de-valve cylinders, and forklift operation.
* Responsible for personal safety and health.
* Ensures a safe and healthy work environment
* Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed and any accidents
or injuries are promptly reported to management.
* Follow all safety rules and regulations.
* Report all unsafe actions and conditions to supervisor
* Move cylinders with proper carts only.
* Knowledgeable of hazards associated with high pressure cylinder
* Be punctual and comply with hourly work schedules.
* Interface with other department employees.
* Perform other duties as required.
What you will need:
* Ability to perform very heavy work-routinely lift 25 to 75 lb.,
and occasionally lift 76 to greater than 100 lb. Also required to
push and pull liquid containers weighing up to 1000 pounds with the
aid of material handling equipment.
* Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping,
feeling and repetitive motion required.
* Ability to perform work during occasional climbing, balancing,
kneeling, pushing, pulling, and finger activities including the
tightening of ratchet binders.
* Must be able to safely drive a forklift.
* Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet
* Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to
over 100 degrees.
* Talk to and hear customers/co-workers as well as smell/hear
leaking gas from cylinders.
* Ability to perform math functions and analysis as needed by the
* Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules,
regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position's
Who we are:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of
industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and
related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety
products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million
customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services
and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100
locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access -
telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in
gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas
offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading
technology and innovations.
Check out what a career at Airgas can offer you!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director,
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver,
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status,
Keywords: Airgas Inc, Silver Spring , Production Associate (Helper), Professions , Hyattsville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!