Informatics Analyst (REMOTE)
Company: Medstar Research Institute
Posted on: June 18, 2022
6525 Belcrest Rd
* Job Summary
* Carries out a wide variety of research project support. Provides
training to clinical users on tools developed for research. Serves
as a REDCap Administrator for the MedStar Health Research Institute
and displays excellence of all stages of project development and
management in REDCap. Trains clinical users on REDCap projects
developed for research. Duties may also include preparation and
maintenance of selected regulatory portfolios, and working with
internal and external partners to accomplish the objectives of
* Minimum Qualifications
* Master's degree in health science, Data Science, Information
Systems or other related degree and/or equivalent work experiences
such that the objectives of the position are equaled.
* 2 years experience that demonstrate aptitude for research
facilitation using data management systems such as MS Access,
MySQL, R, Python, and medical vocabularies such as ICD-9/10.
Experience using analytic tools such as Tableau, Python, R MS SQL
Management Studio, and other analytics tools for data analysis and
data presentations. Recent experience using an EHR (Centricity,
Cerner, Epic) is strongly preferred. Hands on experience in cohort
discovery and electronic health record (EHR) data extraction and
operational database familiarity. Exposure to clinical and/or
research environments is preferred.
* No special certification, registration or licensure required.
* Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Knowledge of MS Access, My SQL, R and Python. Excellent
organizational skills with ability to ensure that work is
accomplished in a timely manner and with keen attention to detail.
Understanding of clinical workflows and terminologies e.g. clinical
encounter types, LOINC, SNOMED-CT, etc is preferred. Excellent
verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills.
* Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Consistently demonstrates support for compliance in the
performance of job duties and responsibilities by a) developing and
maintaining knowledge of, and performing job functions in
compliance with, rules, regulations, policies, and statutes that
affect his/her job; b) maintaining knowledge of and performing job
functions in compliance with MedStar Health and MedStar Health
Research Institute policies and procedures; and c) reporting
compliance concerns in an appropriate and timely manner.
* Conduct Electronic Health Record (EHR) reviews per
project-specific criteria. Abstract and accurately record data from
specified records; both paper and electronic.
* Coordinate the design, development, implementation, and
administration of research protocols into the Research Electronic
Data Capture (REDCap) System. Working familiarity with REDCap's
advanced features, i.e. EHR Integration, External Modules (Hooks &
Plugins) is necessary.
* Demonstrate good judgment to make decisions and manage
assignments to ensure that high quality work is accomplished within
required time points.
* Develop tableau dashboards and deploy to the MedStar Tableau
* Identify patients from EHR who meet inclusion/exclusion criteria
for feasibility studies, clinical trials, and other projects.
* Maintain and advance proficiency in analytic systems used by the
department, including Tableau.
* Maintain and advance proficiency in databases used by the
department, including REDCap.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Prepare regular reports of research activity.
* Provide training on tools and systems as needed.
Keywords: Medstar Research Institute, Silver Spring , Informatics Analyst (REMOTE), Professions , Hyattsville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!