Posted on: June 23, 2022
Hiring Immediately Safety Trainer
Transdev is seeking an experienced transportation Safety Trainer at
its Hyattsville, MD location. This ideal candidate is responsible
for performing classroom and behind the wheel training, to include,
but not limited to the Operator Development Program, remedial
training, new equipment familiarization training and conducting
safety meetings. The Safety Training reports to the Manager of
Safety and Training and the General Manager to ensure compliance of
training materials and the efficient delivery of the safety
Join Transdev and become a part of the largest private-sector
operator of transportation in North America one that cares about
its employees, passengers and the communities they serve.
Why Work with Us?
- Starting salary $18.00 hourly!
- Paid health benefits!
- Paid time off!
- Holiday pay!
- Flexible work schedules!
- Annual increases!
- State-of-the-art work facility!
- Tuition reimbursement!
- Career advancement opportunities!
- Being appreciated as a valuable member of a great team!
- Ensures new student operators are thoroughly trained in the
safe and efficient handling of vehicles and equipment to exceed
- Ensures that all trainees are trained on all routes.
- Monitors the progress of trainees to ensure proper training.
Ensures all employee training records are in compliance with
- Responsible for the direct supervision of students.
- Ensures Operator Development Program (ODP) is followed and
properly delivered to include updates when necessary.
- Performs new equipment familiarization, refresher, and
- May assist with reviews of Cleaver Device events, to include
counseling of operators.
- Acts as a resource to provide employees with expert information
on operation of equipment.
- Assists with ride checks operators as needed.
- Recommends safer methods, procedures, and preventative
- May be cross-trained to investigate accidents and incidents
involving company property, equipment, and personnel.
- Performs related work as required and other tasks as
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years' transportation or logistics experience.
- 2-4 years previous supervisory experience.
- Valid drivers' license.
- Must be able to demonstrate poise, tact, diplomacy and
possesses good judgment and discretion.
- Superior communication and presentation skills.
- Must be familiar with Smith System defensive driving
- Must have better than average knowledge of area.
- Must possess ability to lead and motivate associates
- Must be able to retrieve, generate, and process information in
YT solutions, if applicable.
- Detail oriented, well organized, and possess effective time
- Proven customer service and interpersonal skills a
- General knowledge of Windows-based computer operating system
and Microsoft office package.
- Must be able to work as a member of the team.
- Ability to interact professionally with internal and external
customer on all levels and be able to work well with diverse
- Must be able to work flexible hours or shifts.
- Able to use multi-line phone system and handle multiple tasks
concurrently.The physical demands described here are
representatives of those that must be met by the employee to
successful perform the essential functions of this job.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
- 50% of work is accomplished in doors and in air conditioned or
- 50% of work is accomplished outside of the facility.
- Performs physical activities that require considerable use of
the arms, repetitive hand-wrist motion, and legs and moving the
whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking,
stooping, and handling of materials.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Exposure to heavy traffic areas while performing the duties of
- Exposure to considerable amounts of dust, vehicle fumes and
- Must be able to work outside in various weather
- Must be able to travel for company training, meeting or support
Transdev is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes
of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail,
paratransit and shuttle services. We manage over 200 transportation
contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing
safe, sustainable, and innovative mobility solutions. Our mission
is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and
contribute to a more sustainable environment.
For more information please visit our website at
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
Job Locations USA-MD-Hyattsville
Posted Date 21 hours ago (6/17/2022 1:02 PM)
Requisition ID 2022-22811
Position Category Safety & Training
Internal Reference 781
Company/Division Transdev Services
Keywords: Transdev, Silver Spring , Safety Trainer, Professions , Hyattsville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!