Production Technician II- Sysco
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: September 24, 2022
US1354 Buckhead Meat & Seafood Mid-Atlantic
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
The Production Technician II role is essential for supporting the
operations team and is responsible for troubleshooting equipment
issues and performing preventive maintenance on production
equipment throughout the facility with limited supervision.
Participate in 5S and Lean manufacturing activities including
material handling improvements, production line configuration, and
This role must learn industry leading maintenance practices and
methodologies to increase equipment safety, uptime, and
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Supports company and industry standard safety policies and
procedures - OSHA, NEC, NFPA, USDA, FDA, etc.
- Perform inspections and complete preventive/predictive
maintenance tasks on production and process utility equipment to
increase quality, safety, and overall equipment reliability.
- Diagnose and repair production and process utility equipment
deficiencies and failures; to include, but not limited to
mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment. May
include facility repairs as needed.
- Learn and use continuous improvements tools and methods to
improve equipment reliability, may include root cause analysis
(RCA), failure mode analysis (FMA) and make recommendations to
- Work and train with OEM technicians during production equipment
rebuilds, line moves, installations, setups, calibrations, and
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform
required maintenance and service.
- Responsible for effectively managing assigned planned work,
unplanned failures, and work orders in a high-paced, fluid work
- Responsible for accurately and concisely logging work orders in
computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to properly track
maintenance and equipment performance metrics; to include labor,
equipment uptime, preventive maintenance compliance, MTTR, MTBF,
part usage, etc.
- Three (3) plus years of maintenance experience in a
- Experience troubleshooting mechanical systems, electrical
components, hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, material handling
- Experience using lockout tagout, job hazard analysis, hot work
permits, confined space, etc. 1-3 years of food processing
maintenance experience is a preferred.
- Experience working in a food processing environment and
familiar with USDA, FDA, and SQF policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Required - Must provide own tools (diagnostic equipment and
major tools provided by Sysco) necessary to perform all maintenance
repair and diagnostics.
- Preferred - Formal training in equipment maintenance repair,
installation, and troubleshooting of electrical equipment is highly
- Moderate knowledge of OSHA safety regulations.
- Moderate knowledge of environmental regulations
- Basic computer skills and knowledge
- Moderate knowledge and skill in Preventive Maintenance
Inspections and repair
- Moderate knowledge and skill in diagnosis and repair of
mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Moderate knowledge and skill with a multi-meter and infrared
- Ability to operate a forklift and scissor lift
- Ability to read and interpret maintenance manuals
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures,
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to work both alone and in a team environment
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple work orders in a
fluid and dynamic environment
- Ability concisely report and escalate equipment repair statuses
- Basic knowledge in PLC, VFD/VSD, and relay logic is
- Moderate knowledge and skill in welding and cutting (gas,
electric, MIG, TIG) is preferred.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and must
frequently lift heavy items.
- The employee is Repair work requires excellent hand and finger
dexterity used for wrenches, hand tools and other shop
- Ability to operate various pieces of equipment
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend, reach
- Ability to push/pull
- Ability to lift /carry
- Ability to grasp tools
- Ability to perform Repetitive motion: wrenches and hand
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an associate may encounter while performing
the essential functions of the job.
- Food processing temperatures of
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid
conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work
in confined spaces. The associate works non-traditional business
hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call.
The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other
Operating Companies or the corporate office as business needs
dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.). The associate
is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and confined
spaces. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne
particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates. Associated topics: administrative
assistant, administrative secretary, administrative support,
assist, associate, counsel, facility, front desk, human resources,
Keywords: SYSCO, Silver Spring , Production Technician II- Sysco, Professions , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!