Posted on: May 23, 2023
Now Hiring!Dispatcher in Hyattsville, MD$18.82 Hourly -Transdev
Services, Inc. is hiring a Dispatcher at its facility in
Hyattsville, MD to schedule and dispatch operators and drivers and
to service vehicles that carry passengers. - The ideal candidate
will keep records, logs, and schedules of the calls that they
receive, monitor and control the actions that they take and
maintain information on each call in order to prepare a detailed
report on all activities occurring during their shifts. -Come join
the largest private-sector operator of public transportation in
North America - one that cares about its employees, passengers, and
their communities.Why Work for Us?
- $18.82 hourly!
- Paid health benefits!
- Paid time off!
- Holiday pay!
- Annual increases based on performance!
- Tuition reimbursement!
- Career advancement opportunities!
- Being appreciated as a valuable member of a great team! -
- Assigns transportation services and maintains check out
- Assigns stand-by or extra-board operators in the event of
operator absences, increased service volumes or in order to
minimize service disruptions as a result of traffic, vehicle
malfunctions, operator problems and/or emergency situations
- Maintains attendance log for operators and other appropriate
- Assigns vehicles giving consideration to preventive maintenance
schedules and capacity needs.
- Maintains two-way communication with operators, providing
information on customers, cancellations, and directional assistance
- Monitors operators and trip status, making adjustments and
reassignments as necessary to ensure on time performance.
- Maintains scheduling and performance data in the event of
- Documents accurately and appropriately daily events related to
- Communicates effectively with operations staff regarding
scheduling or passenger issues.
- Other duties as assigned to ensure the efficient operation of
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years previous dispatch and/or customer service
- Must be able to work flexible hours or shifts.
- Must be able to demonstrate poise, tact, diplomacy and
possesses good judgment and discretion.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written a
- Detail oriented, well organized, and possess effective time
- Proven customer service and interpersonal skills a must.
- General knowledge of Windows-based computer operating system
and Microsoft office package.
- Must be able to work as a member of the team.
- Ability to interact professionally with internal and external
customer on all levels and be able to work well with diverse
- Ability to adapt and remain flexible in a fast paced
- Able to use multi-line phone system and handle multiple tasks
concurrently.PHYSICAL DEMANDS: -The physical demands described here
are representatives of those that must be met by the employee to
successful perform the essential functions of this job. -
Reasonable accommodations can possibly be made to enable individual
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. -
- 100% of work is accomplished in doors and in air conditioned or
- Ability to sit for up to three hours; walk for short distances;
normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; ability to lift
material weighing up to 15 lbs. with assistance; ability to bend,
stoop, kneel; and corrected hearing and vision to normal range;
- Exposure to dust and noise.
- Must be able to travel for possible company training, meeting
or support missions.About Transdev: -Based near Chicago, Transdev
is the largest private-sector operator of multiple modes of transit
in North America, including bus, rail, streetcar, paratransit,
shuttle services, microtransit, and autonomous mobility. - Transdev
is committed to being the trusted partner of cities and transit
authorities through quality execution and innovations in mobility.
Its parent company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator
and integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides
passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about
in their cities. -For more information, please visit our website at
.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified. -The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
-Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. - Applicants will receive fair
and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law. - -
Keywords: Transdev, Silver Spring , Dispatcher, Professions , Hyattsville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...