Residential Maintenance Supervisor
Company: Edgewood Management
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: September 13, 2023
Residential Apartment Maintenance SupervisorEdgewood Management
Corporation is a 50 year old, premiere affordable property
management company, responsible for 27,000 units in fourteen states
and the District of Columbia. Edgewood's portfolio represents a
variety of multifamily product that includes high-rise, mid-rise,
garden and townhouse style rental units.Edgewood Management
Corporation provides superior management services for a variety of
residential properties and has an exceptional track record to
resolve problems and reposition troubled assets in all areas:
operations, administrative, financial and physical. Edgewood
Management Corporation recognized as the 9th largest manager of
Affordable Housing by the National Affordable Housing Management
Association and the 50th largest manager by the National
Multi-Housing Council.Our reputation for providing high quality
services with integrity has earned us the trust of our clients and
our employees. Edgewood Management Corporation offers a supportive
environment where employees are encouraged to develop their skills
and talents to their fullest potential. Edgewood is always looking
for positive, motivated, and hardworking individuals to join our
Edgewood Team.We're seeking a positive individual who is always
ready to learn, grow, and take on new challenges.Essential Duties
- Work with the on-site team in managing all maintenance-related
repairs and upkeep of the property.
- Manage the make ready process to ensure apartments are prepared
for move-in in a timely fashion.
- Initiate, perform & oversee maintenance projects that improve
curb appeal, maintain and optimize building systems, and monitor
- Develop scopes of work for small improvements/services and seek
out qualified contractors to bid the work.
- Manage expenses properly in accordance with owner goals and
actively seek to minimize expenses regularly, through the proposal
process and pricing negotiation, as well as the budgeting
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors, negotiate
pricing, collaborate on approved vendor list.
- Direct supervision and support for the maintenance team on a
daily basis, including identifying training and development
opportunities and holding the team accountable for the condition of
their buildings and work areas.
- Direct the Preventative Maintenance program, ensure timely
completion and thorough documentation.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal housing requirements as
it relates to leasing and management of the property.
- Create and motivate a team that focuses on customer service and
curb appeal on a daily basis.--
- Manage and control payroll and overtime.
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- Candidates must be detail oriented and hard working.
- Extensive knowledge of residential building systems a must,
including but not limited to, boilers, chillers, cooling towers,
air handlers, condensing units, roof fans.
- Professional building system licenses are preferred and may be
required based on the building type of the assigned property.
- HVAC and/or CFC certifications required (or other applicable
- Lead paint certifications (as necessary)
- CAMTI and CAMTII are preferred--
- Proficient using maintenance related programs, Microsoft Word,
Excel, email and web searches.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof
reading skills, and speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a
variety of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in person and by phone and
email, with high professionalism.
- Successful candidates will exhibit a demonstrable passion for
high quality results and a can-do attitude.
- Ability to accomplish innovative projects with little
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings
and weekends and on an emergency basis.--Education:The position
requires the ability to read and write English fluently, the
ability to accurately perform intermediate mathematical functions
and the ability to understand and perform all on-site resident
management software functions.--Professional Experience:----A
minimum of five (5) years' experience in residential property
management or a related field is required.Attendance/Travel
Requirements:The position requires the ability to work any of the
seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year.-- Due to the property
staffing limitations, it is extremely critical that individuals be
able to work their scheduled hours on a consistent basis and, if
necessary, overtime hours when requested.-- The position requires
the ability to serve on-call, as scheduled or as necessary.--
Travel may be required at times to attend various owner gatherings
either in the general vicinity of the associates home property, or
in another state.-- You must also be able to attend certain
resident events that are held after hours.Computer skills:
- Minimum of basic knowledge of computers
- Ability to use Outlook and OneSite
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Minimum of basic Internet knowledgePhysical Demands:Must be
capable of physically accessing all exterior and interior parts of
the property and amenities.Must be able to push, pull, lift, carry
or maneuver weights of up to 50lbs. independently and 100 lbs. with
assistance.Learning & Development:Maintain a commitment to ongoing
personal development and career growth though career path
activities provided through the corporate office and external
sources as needed.Edgewood prides itself on offering a competitive
salary and extensive, market-competitive health and welfare
- Medical, Dental & Vision--
- Prescription Drug Program
- Paid Vacation & Holiday
- Paid Personal/ Sick Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid AD& D Insurance
- Company Paid Short- Term--
- Company Paid Long-term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Dependent Supplemental Life Insurance
- Educational Assistance
- Financial Planning
- Retirement Savings Plan with company matching--
- Company outings and eventsEdgewood Management Corporation is a
growing company that is looking for talented professionals who want
to be part of a strong team focused on providing superior
management services to our residents and owners. If you share our
desire to be the best for our residents and communities, then you
belong with Edgewood.--Edgewood Management Corporation is committed
to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Edgewood Management, Silver Spring , Residential Maintenance Supervisor, Professions , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!