Senior Biomedical Technician*
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: March 14, 2019
Title: Sr. Biomedical Technician
Job Location: Silver Spring, MD (primary), Fort Detrick, MD, Bethesda, MD and Rockville, MD
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
To provide development and maintenance of a biosafety infrastructure that supports biomedical safety for both biomedical equipment and biological agents.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Reads and interprets medical equipment operation and maintenance manuals, schematics, and mechanical drawings.
* Monitor manufacturer and/or vendor warranties and maintenance agreements.
* Equipment tagging and storage
* Monitor and update information in the DMLSS maintenance database.
* Must be able to travel locally as necessary to perform the technical tasks below.
* Assist in the development of a Scheduled Maintenance Program, responsible for performance testing and documentation of Level II and Level III scheduled maintenance:
* Level II (Inspection, Preventive Maintenance, Calibration, and Parts Replacement). Relates to scheduled periodic (planned)technical inspection and lubrications requiring disassembly, replacement of worn or deteriorated parts, interior cleaning, calibration verification and/or adjustment, and verification Level I performance.
* Level III maintenance consists of maintenance requiring a complete overhaul of the item of equipment and is considered depot-level maintenance or equipment manufacturer service center level maintenance. At program discretion, the performance of Level III maintenance by the local maintenance shop is permitted if required parts, personnel with technical expertise, tools, and test equipment, and man-hours are available.
* Inspect all new equipment to ensure it meets safety standards, manufacturer's specifications, and contract requirements.
* Inspect all equipment and validate compliance with service documents to verify the services provided conform to the scheduled or requested services.
* Provide equipment training for new equipment, in conjunction with the manufacturer or vendor.
* Perform electrical safety inspections and calibration in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations, and maintain associated records information and data.
* Assist with equipment tagging, including those being stored within the customer's custody.
* May be required to travel domestically and internationally for collaboration, field research, and presentation of findings.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The following performance expectations represent core competency requirements for the position.
* Maintains knowledge of the purpose, proper operating procedures, maintenance requirements, and risks associated with the use of medical equipment for which the technician has maintenance responsibilities.
* Troubleshoots equipment problems to component level.
* Demonstrates the proper and effective use of test equipment and hand tools.
* Interacts in a professional manner with all customer staff and co-workers.
* Maintains knowledge of, and compliance with DMLSS maintenance database policies and procedures.
* Maintains knowledge of, and compliance with customer policies regarding workplace safety issues.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* General eligibility to perform all position requirements and activities
* Must have five years of experience troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining medical equipment in a military or health care institution.
* Must have experience interfacing with the military medical research enterprise.
* Must have one of the following:
* Military BMET Training Certificate of Completion (or)
* Medical Equipment Manufacturer's Training Course Certificate of Completion (or)
* Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician certificate.
* Must have a reliable means of transportation and a valid driver's license.
* Must be able to pass a secret eligibility (T3 /SF86) background investigation.
* Must have a minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* Must be able to access and work in confined spaces with little or no assistance.
* Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. to chest height unassisted and 60 lbs. assisted.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. Is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Pregnancy, National Origin, Disability, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity Or Expression, Marital Status, Genetic Information, Protected Veteran Status, Or Other Factors Protected By Federal, State, And/or Local Law. This Policy Applies To All Terms And Conditions Of Employment, including recruiting; Hiring; Placement; Promotion; Termination; Layoff; Recall; Transfer; Leaves Of Absence; Compensation; And Training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: Odyssey, Silver Spring , Senior Biomedical Technician*, Professions , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!