Business Development Sales Representative
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: April 2, 2021
The Business Development Sales Representative (BDSR) sells
Lifematters services of caregiving, skilled care, care management,
friendly visitors and other senior services to clients within an
assigned geography. The BDSR's most important means of interacting
with customers and prospects is through face-to-face meetings. The
BDSR is responsible for achieving an assigned sales and profit goal
and helping Lifematters to disrupt and grow the home care industry
in an innovative way.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Locate or propose potential business deals by contacting
potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities
- Acquire new customers from an assigned geography, and/or a set
of names prospects
- Provide ongoing product-service education because of sales
effort within the market to trade organizations, hospital
departments, physicians and other health care organizations, as
- Identify and develop relationships and establish solid referral
source to drive private pay home care, care management, friendly
visitor and other services available
- Lead all aspects of the sales process within region, while
calling upon other company sales resources to assist in solution
development, proposal delivery, and implementation, as needed or as
directed by management.
- Manage new customers' implementation by directing company
implementation resources and by managing customers' expectations
and satisfaction with the implementation process.
- Ensure a seamless transition of customer responsibility to the
Client Services following a successful implementation.
- Employ marketing and promotional initiatives and strategies to
assist in meeting monthly quotas.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with
current and potential referral and payer sources.
- Build and monitor community, customer, payer and patient
perceptions of Lifematters as a market leader in home care
- Provide leadership in strategic planning including identifying
opportunities for additional or improved services to address
- Collaborate with Executive Directors and community sales teams
on improved service delivery and problem resolution related to the
accounts in their portfolio.
- Maintain a working knowledge of competitor's market
- Maintain a working knowledge of Lifematters clinical programs &
outcomes, and the resulting standing of Lifematters in the
Skills and Specifications
- At least 3 years of business-to-business sales in a healthcare
- Undergraduate degree in a related field.
- Experience selling to healthcare accounts is preferred in
assisted living, home health or long-term care industries
- Great organizations skills and time management
- Great customer service skills
- Able to present information in forms, tables, and
- Should be an effectual communicator verbally as well as through
- Ability to operate under immense pressure.
- Good judgement, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to customarily and regularly exercise discretion and
- Medium proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and
- Able to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and
Salary is a high base with commission and bonuses.
LifemattersLifematters was founded in 2004 and since then, we have
grown our services and geographic reach to become one of the
largest and most comprehensive home care companies in the
Mid-Atlantic. Lifematters offers home care and skilled nursing
services throughout DC, Maryland, and Virginia. In 2021, we will be
expanding to Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
We are a fast-growing, investor backed home care company, focused
on the healthcare and technology disruption. Lifematters is
headquartered in Silver Spring, MD.
Lifematters is a 9-time winner of the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing
Company Award and we have been voted Bethesda Magazine's 'Best of
Bethesda' Readers' Poll for 3 years straight!
At Lifematters, we:- Value creation and innovation (we are
leaders)- Work with a sense of urgency (we hustle)- Have the
ability to get things done (we deliver)- Effectively communicate
(we are passionate communicators)- Learn (we are humble)- Have a
positive attitude (we celebrate)- Exceed clients' expectations (we
anticipate our clients' needs)- Treat everyone with respect (we are
a great team and enjoy working with others)
Benefits on our team include:- 3 weeks of PTO- 1 day off for our
Act of Kindness program- Flexible, fast-growing environment- Paid
time off- Health/Dental and supplemental insurance- Basic Life
AD&D Insurance- Long Term Disability- Eligibility to contribute
to 401k Retirement Plan
Keywords: Lifematters, Silver Spring , Business Development Sales Representative, Sales , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!