Sales and Commercial Associate
Company: Auto Plus
Posted on: June 25, 2022
OverviewAuto Plus is a leading automotive aftermarket parts
distributor in the US. We bring together unmatched expertise with
best-in-class parts and customer service for the most reliable
automotive aftermarket parts store experience. Headquartered in
Kennesaw, Georgia, Auto Plus has more than 4,000 Team Members with
decades of experience in the automotive aftermarket industry,
united to deliver on our Auto Plus Promise: We exceed expectations
with expertise at every turn. Auto Plus has more than 300
locations, including corporate-owned stores, independent Auto Plus
member locations and commercial parts-focused Pep Boys retail
stores, and 21 distribution centers. We aspire to be the most
trusted business partner and employer in the automotive
aftermarket.Position SummaryAuto Plus is hiring a Sales and
Commercial Associate at our Pep Boys location in Hyattsville, MD.As
a Sales and Commercial Associate, you are responsible for providing
superior customer service and assist in driving sales across the
commercial, retail, and hard parts business. Provide essential task
support by partnering with management to execute visual
presentation standards, provide phone and in-person support to
commercial customers, maximize inventory, and proactively engage
customers on the sales floor and at the register. This position has
been designated as a safety-sensitive position.Duties and
- Under the direction of Management, assist with store
merchandising activities, maintain standards of appearance, and
coordinate and cooperate with associates in the execution of
plan-o-grams, overall product presentation, inventory management,
reverse logistics process, pricing, signage and various product
initiatives to enhance the customer experience and maximize
- Promptly answers all incoming customer calls on the Commercial
phone line; professionally address and direct customer needs.
Engage any and all customers as needed, whether on the commercial
phone line or on the retail sales floor, and is fully trained on
all register procedures.
- Under the direction of Management, participates in truck-day
operations, cycle counts, audits, and organization of the back
- Under the direction of management, executes promotions, sales
tactics, spiffs and sales incentives.
- Handle all customer transactions; including all sales, returns,
and defectives. Reconcile their transaction history and drawer at
the conclusion of each shift.
- Strictly adhere to inventory control programs, in-stock
standards, reduction in outside parts purchases through secondary
vendors, and proper ordering and returning of special order
- Acts as a Commercial Driver as needed.
- Follow all policies and procedures related to cash, credit,
check, refund and return policies. Work with the management team to
react to customer service issues, customer complaints, and/or
- Effectively communicate with all store associates, management,
- Other duties as assigned.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Valid Driver's License is required.
- Related experience in the automotive service environment is
- Must have basic knowledge and understanding of mathematical
concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division,
percentages, and fractions. Ability to apply mathematical formulas
to calculate commissions and discounts.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work Days, Nights, Weekends, Holidays.
Physical Demands/Work EnvironmentThe physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.The characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job.Physical
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies
up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including
squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting.
- Climb up and down ladders to retrieve and stock
- Communicate effectively in person, by telephone, or by using
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small and large groups.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Safely operates a motor vehicle.
Keywords: Auto Plus, Silver Spring , Sales and Commercial Associate, Sales , Hyattsville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!