Sales & Service Associate
Company: The Tower Companies
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: May 18, 2019
Job Description: Sales & Service Associate Job Location: The Blairs
& The Pearl-Silver Spring, MD Position Type: Full Time, with
weekend work required (2 week days off) As a Sales & Service
Associate you serve as the front line Tower ambassador to our new
residents. You are helping to build a community, one new resident
at time! You take a genuine interest in those around you and
representing Tower to the best of your abilities. You take pride in
the community, in your sales office, in your coworkers, and most
importantly, yourself and your work! Key Responsibilities: In the
Sales office, the team works together.
- It's key to open your Sales office on time to be prepared for
your day, and to put the best foot forward for any potential
residents who are "early birds!"
- We all make sure to set up the office with water, coffee,
balloons, flags, materials and anything else is essential before
others arrive so that the team will be ready to be responsive to
our clients. Your proactive outreach every day gives you the edge!
You PLAN for your success!
- Know your community and the available inventory each day. Be
aware of any special deals!
- Create a daily goal of at least 15 outreach calls to spur
interest in your community and track your progress.
- Email or SMS follow up is also important! Strive to follow up
with at least 10 clients each day.
- Take incoming calls as serious inquiries; have available
apartments top of mind and help your clients "view" the options on
our website. Invite that future resident into the office to tour
with you and remind them to bring their documentation to complete
the lease for their new home!
- Document your calls, emails, tours, follow up and anything else
in Yardi and CRM to account for your work each day. This will keep
your valuable leads organized and properly flagged as yours.
- Don't forget to document any resident referrals! These are an
important part of our program and assist with resident retention.
If a referral has taken place, ensure the needed paperwork has been
- Take the initiative and make plans to attend outreach events
such as community events and career fairs to interact with people
about our incredible offerings. Be creative!
- Remember to stay up to date on your assigned e-learning to stay
fresh and engaged in the business! As a Sales & Service Associate,
you are empowered to make things happen every day at Tower
communities! Prepare to give your guests an incredible client
experience they will not forget! Be the difference!
- Review your calendar each morning for appointments you have
made, and make sure that you have names and details fresh in your
mind for any set tours for the day.
- Walk available or targeted apartments to ensure they are
rent-ready. Use your sparkle kits to give those units the extra
polish they need to close your sales! If the units you walked need
any work, promptly put in a service ticket and notify your
supervisor of that unit's status.
- Greet your scheduled (and unscheduled guests) with a smile,
firm handshake and your knowledge of the property; demonstrate all
the features and benefits available to our new residents. They want
to find their new home; be ready to change their world! We are
loaded with differentiating qualities and programs!
- Direct your future residents to the leasing portal to complete
- Complete your Move-In Checklist. Ensure you, or the Move-In
Coordinator (property specific) has all that is needed for your
resident to arrive and pick up the keys to their new home!
- 72 hours (at the Blairs) or 48 hours (the Pearl) before the new
resident's arrival, do a final walk through. If you spot a problem,
promptly put in a service ticket to ensure the matter is resolved
before the new resident arrives. Before you depart that apartment,
leave a fabulous move-in gift!
- Move in Day! If possible (may not be possible during high
leasing/peak season), have your Move-In Inspection list ready to
walk the unit one final time with the new resident. Have the keys
ready for your new resident to make sure they work, and make sure
they know where all the amenities are so they feel right at
- Upload your lease documents into CRM; using your Lease File
Checklist as a guide for completion. You have earned it! You may be
asked to work on a special project or initiative and we expect
everyone to embrace these opportunities! Education and Experience
- College Degree preferred, with summer work experience in a
sales and customer service OR
- A minimum of 3 years of full time successful work experience in
a sales and customer service role (preferably commissioned sales
- Multifamily residential leasing experience highly
- Ability to maintain an annual leasing closing ratio of 30%
- Strong command of the English language; verbal and in
- Persuasive communication skills; a natural ability to "paint a
picture" with words
- Outstanding work ethic; reliable, on time, trusted to work
- Maturity and grace in all situations; discernment to know when
to escalate an issue to management.
- Coachable and teachable with a strong desire to learn and stay
current in techniques and industry trends
- Team oriented; thoughtful, respectful and considerate of
others. Never putting self ahead of the team.
- Social media and computer savvy; able to pick up on software
programs easily. Microsoft Office Suite skills and experience
- Strong organizational skills and an orientation and eye for
- Capable of effectively managing multiple initiatives
simultaneously. The Tower Companies is an equal opportunity
employer and offers a collaborative and exciting work environment,
competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include medical,
dental and vision coverage, as well as a 401(k) plan. If you're
interested in this position and working for The Tower Companies,
please send your resume and cover letter to No phone calls please.
About The Tower Companies For three generations, the family-owned
Tower Companies has maintained a commitment to responsible
development and envisions a world where buildings inspire and
enrich the lives of their occupants, and create positive social
change. The green building leader owns, develops, and manages over
5 million square feet in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area
consisting of office buildings, office parks, lifestyle centers,
regional malls, eco-progressive live-work-play communities and
hotels with over 8,000,000 SF in the development pipeline. The
Tower Companies built Blair Towns, the first LEED certified
apartments in the country, and is an international authority in the
industry. We have been recognized for our commitment to
sustainability and energy independence by numerous national
organizations and federal agencies, including US Green Building
Council, US Department of Energy and the US Environmental
Keywords: The Tower Companies, Silver Spring , Sales & Service Associate, Sales , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!